Tes are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Head of Science on a full-time permanent basis from September 2021.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a co-educational, fully comprehensive 11-16 academy with a PAN of 180. The school opened to Year 7 students in September 2019 and it is a heavily oversubscribed school which is held in high regard in the community.
The school are seeking to appoint an ambitious Head of Faculty (Science) to lead, manage and develop the Faculty. The Head of Faculty will play a major role in ensuring that staff and students succeed and reach their potential within the Science Faculty.
Some Key Responsibilities:
- To raise standards of student attainment and achievement within the whole curriculum area and to monitor and support student progress
- To be accountable for student progress and development within the subjects of the faculty
- To develop and enhance the teaching practice of others
- To ensure the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students studying in the faculty, in accordance with the aims of the school and the curricular policies determined by the Governing Body and the Senior Leadership Team
- To effectively manage and deploy teaching/support staff, financial and physical resources within the learning area to support the designated curriculum portfolio
The Successful Candidate:
- Qualified Teacher Status and Relevant Degree
- Substantial, recent and successful experience of teaching in Key Stage 3 and 4
- Ability to monitor, evaluate and develop teaching and learning throughout the Faculty
- Effective and sensitive communication skills to a range of audiences
- The ability to successfully present, inform, interact, consult and negotiate
- The ability to lead, develop, share and realise strategic plans for the faculty
- High expectations of students and colleague
- Experience of, and commitment to, the education of the whole person promoting social and emotional well-being in addition to academic development
- A competitive salary
- Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
- Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
- Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org REF KR 1419179
PLEASE NOTE: If you are shortlisted for interview you may be asked to complete the schools application form.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...