Head of Science Faculty
Up to UPS3 (Inner London) plus Academy TLR7
Are you looking to make a difference? Do you want to work with highly aspirational students in a diverse multicultural environment?
We are seeking to appoint a Head of Science Faculty to provide strong leadership and management of the Science Faculty. You will join a very able team that is expanding with more and more students choosing our already popular & successful science subjects at A-level and an increased intake in KS3. You will be able to show the motivation, leadership and commitment required to achieve ambitious targets and exceed expectations both within your faculty and for the Academy as a whole.
The successful candidate must:
· Have strong leadership skills
· Have a good proven track record in raising attainment and accelerating progress
· Be a teacher with consistently 'Outstanding' classroom practice
· Be able to inspire and develop consistent 'Good or Better' learning and teaching in others
· Have high expectations of themselves and others
· Be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
· Have excellent subject knowledge
· Have management/coaching experience
· Be flexible and a good team player
· A supportive environment with excellent CPD opportunities
· A highly committed and driven staff
· Students who are very keen to learn and make more than expected progress
· A multicultural, diverse environment with high expectations for our students
The City of London Academy (Southwark) is a vibrant and innovative educational community in the heart of Bermondsey in South London. We are passionate about raising the aspirations and achievements of our students. Sponsored by the City of London Corporation, the Academy provides a broad, high quality education with an added focus on Business & Enterprise and Sport to students aged 11-18 years old.
All applications must be made on the Academy application form. CVs will not be accepted. Completed applications must be submitted using the TES online application form. Further details about the academy are available from the academy website www.cityacademy.co.uk.
The City of London Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.
Start date: 1st September 2018
Closing Date: 12 noon on 17th April 2018
Interviews: At any stage during the recruitment process