A superb opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, talented and ambitious individual to contribute significantly to the leadership and development of Science within the Senior School.
Science is valued highly at the school, and the post holder will be committed to raising standards at all levels; delivering excellent lessons and enthusing pupils through their passion for the subject.
The successful candidate will be able to teach Science to pupils of all abilities across Key Stages 3 to 4, bring enthusiasm, meticulous standards and a commitment to achieving the highest levels of academic success. There are approximately 96 Year 7-11 pupils on roll.
All staff at Long Close are actively involved in the pastoral life of school. The role will also offer the opportunity for further contribution to the varied and vibrant array of extra-curricular clubs and enrichment
• Be highly motivated and an excellent classroom practitioner who can ensure good progress for all
• Inspire pupils to succeed in Science
• Have in depth subject knowledge and be able to teach Biology, Chemistry and Physics to GCSE
• Have excellent organisational skills
• Have a positive attitude and approach to change and development
• A pleasant working environment with good resources
• Supportive colleagues and community
• Enthusiastic and motivated pupils that are taught in small class sizes
• Excellent professional development opportunities within the school and wider Cognita group
• Competitive salary and contribution to the Teacher Pension Scheme
• Fee remission for children educated at Long Close School
• Complimentary meals in the Dining Hall during term time
This is an exciting opportunity to join a flourishing 2-16 co-educational, independent day school, part of the Cognita group of schools. If you are passionate about the life chances of young people and possess the expertise required to teach in an environment where children of mixed abilities excel, then we would love to hear from you.
Closing date: 14 December 2020
Please return your completed application form along with your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Mrs C Andrews
Long Close School
Upton Court Road
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
Long Close School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 16 years
Long Close School is a co-educational, independent school for children aged 2-16, situated in Slough, Berkshire.
The school was founded in 1940 and after a series of developments over the decades was bought by Cognita, the largest independent schools...