We seek an enthusiastic, energetic and ambitious Head for our Secondary School who is committed to the highest standards of Education and who can demonstrate leadership and management skills compatible with our School’s vision, mission and values. The Head of Secondary will be responsible to bring the breadth of perspective required to contribute to our students’ full education journey from their transition into secondary school to their preparations for leaving school, for managing all Secondary staff, programme/curriculum content and assessment in the Secondary department and will also support in the academic management of the school. It is an opportunity to consolidate your credentials as a talent to watch within Secondary leadership whilst working alongside our talented team of Secondary Subject Heads and with the support of an established SMT team.
The successful applicant should be able to demonstrate the following key competencies:
· Able to continue to help us to raise the standards of teaching and learning, leading and promoting outstanding teaching on a day to day basis
· Work effectively with other school leaders, helping to promote and embed the schools mission and vision statements
· Can balance their operational and strategic responsibilities on a day to day basis, ensuring successful outcomes always
· A great communicator and able to forge excellent relationships with all stakeholders, parents, staff and pupils
· A thorough and up to date knowledge of educational policies and practices, particularly at Secondary Level
· A proven record of academic achievement and success as a teacher and Head of Secondary
· A strong belief in the values of an international education, with international experience
· A thorough knowledge and experience of working with GCSEs and AS/A Levels, as well as familiarity with all other key aspects of UK education
· The capacity to inspire, identify, recruit and retain outstanding staff
· A capacity to plan for and lead the Secondary School to the highest levels of success in school inspections (Ministry of Education accreditation and WASC etc.)
Qualifications & Experience:-
· Bachelor Degree in Education or Teaching Subject from a recognized University (From the UK preferred)
· Master Degree in Educational Leadership or similar preferred
· Teaching License from one of the following Countries: ( UK, US, CA, AU, NZ, ZA and Scandinavian countries)
· Minimum 5 Years of prior Experience as Head of Secondary in an International School
· Must be Native-level English speaker or near
Salary and benefits package:
· Competitive Tax free salary, depending upon qualifications & experience
· Two Bedroom Fully Furnished Apartment with paid utilities
· Joining/repatriation ticket, Yearly annual return ticket, medical insurance, visa and residency for self and three nominated dependents
· Private medical insurance for self and three nominated dependents
· Free Schooling at Ta’allum Group Schools - 100% discount on tuition, registration and exam fees
End of Service Benefit Gratuity of 21 days of basic salary as per Qatar Labor law
Notarized and Attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates. You will be advised of school requirements.
The selected applicant will be required to provide criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) before employment is confirmed. Candidates from outside the authority of the DBS will be required to provide an approved Certificate from the similar authority in the Country in which he/she is currently residing.
How to Apply
Your application should be submitted by email and should include a CV with a photograph and a letter of application.
Please submit your application by emailing email@example.com or call 0203 194 9678 for additional information.
Initial screening interviews with qualified candidates will take place as applications are received.