An Opportunity in Malaysia Awaits You
Tenby International School, Setia Eco Gardens is situated within the Iskandar Development Zone in Johor Bahru, Malaysia, and provides an international curriculum for both expatriate and Malaysian students. We are operating two streams on the same site; one international (IPC, National Curriculum for England, IGCSE) and one following the Malaysian curriculum. The School provides opportunities for students to join either Tenby International School, which consists of a Primary and Secondary School or Sekolah Sri Tenby (Malaysian National Curriculum).
We offer a rich, quality education with affordable fees. The school caters for the children of expatriates working and living in Malaysia and for Malaysian families. The student population comprising 33 different nationalities. Our teaching staff are both expatriate and Malaysian.
Our approach is individual and in doing so we reflect our vision of “A united world at peace – through education’.
If you are committed to child centered education, with a deep rooted desire to help every child reach their potential and are interested in helping shape the future development of an international school we would be delighted to hear from you.
To provide professional leadership to ensure the school delivers a high quality education for all its student and to build upon the existing good standards of learning, teaching and achievement. The Head of Secondary shall perform responsibilities in accordance with the school requirement and also relevant
Teaching & Learning, Curriculum and Standards:
- Provision of high quality educational programme
- Arranging pastoral care and ensuring high standards of student behavior, care and concern for others
- Ensuring a high standard of student achievement
- Communication effectively with parents both individually and collectively
- Ensuring the effective management of resources allocated to the school and contributing to the annual budget
- Ability to mentor, coach and support teachers in raising the quality of learning and teaching across the school
- The Head of Secondary will lead the Secondary team and will be responsible for all matters pertaining to his/her school.
- This is a two-year contract with an option to renew at the end. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Generous contributions to an Employee Provident Fund (EPF)
- Overseas allowance
- Fee reduction for children of employees
- Medical insurance
- Flight and shipping allowance at the beginning and end of the contract
Initial interviews will be completed through Skype. Final interviews will be carried out face-to-face whenever possible.
How to Apply
The closing date is Friday, 19 January 2018 but interested teachers are strongly encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible.
Further information and details of other positions are available on our website: www.tenby.edu.my
Interested candidates are invited to send in a letter of application including the reasons for applying to Tenby Schools together with a comprehensive CV, a recent passport-size photograph and contact details of three referees (one of which must be from your current school) to:
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
(Please check your Junk Folder for emails and add tenby.edu.my to your safe senders list. We thank all applicants for their expressed interest. However, only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.)