Mougins School, an international school in the South of France, following the British Curriculum, is looking for a Head of Secondary School for September 2021. Early applications are welcomed.
The Head of Secondary is an essential member of the schools senior leadership team who will have the day to day responsibility for the learning and wellbeing of all students from Year 7 - 13. The role demands outstanding communication, organisational and leadership skills and experience in leading successful and positive change. The new Head of Secondary will report to and support the Head of School in driving the strategic direction of Mougins School in this exciting time in the school’s history.
Role Description :
Leadership of Others
- To lead and uphold the school’s mission, values and learning principles across the school
- To lead the secondary leadership team, ensuring all aspects of the school run smoothly and effectively on a daily basis
- To ensure the ethos and commitment to high standards and a culture for learning is secured through the leadership and management of other senior and middle leaders
- To coach and support middle leaders so that they are able to lead others effectively and bring about improvements in the quality of teaching and learning
- To have overall responsibility for the performance of teachers and students in the secondary school
- To ensure the learning environment for students is safe and secure and promotes healthy living
- To support and report to the Head of School
- To support the Head of School in the strategic leadership of the school
- To lead learning and teaching in years 7-13 and ensure it is driven by, and quality assured against the schools’ learning principles and the expectations of external bodies
- To ensure a robust, challenging, and engaging curriculum is in place across the school that will secure high standards, continuity of learning, and prepare students for their adult lives
- To work with the leadership team to create, implement & monitor a whole school teaching and learning policy to secure consistently high-quality provision across the school
- To model and promote high expectations of all staff in the secondary phase so that every student achieves their full potential
- To secure an effective and accurate assessment policy across the secondary phase that aligns and builds from the primary phase of the school
- To ensure smooth and effective progression through key transition points from years 6 to 7, 9 to 10 and 11 to 13.
- To work with the Head of Primary to implement an effective professional development strategy for all teaching staff
- To be a learner
Leading Structure and Systems
- To support middle and senior leaders to effectively monitor and interpret aptitudinal, attitudinal and attainment data and take steps to ensure all students make good levels of progress
- To support senior leaders to implement SMART support and intervention strategies to support learning and wellbeing
- To ensure that attendance is accurately recorded and monitored and issues regarding absenteeism, behaviour and uniform are effectively addressed
- To support leaders to ensure all reporting is accurate and in line with the schools’ reporting procedures
- To develop lead and implement effective quality assurance processes including competency procedures
- To proactively communicate with the parent body in a timely and effective manner that is in line with the school values
- To ensure robust and efficient structures and systems are in place to effectively and efficiently resource the school
- To effectively plan and manage the budget for the secondary school
How to Apply
To apply please email the following to email@example.com
- Up to date CV
- A letter of no more than one page outlining your suitability for the role and motivation for applying
Early applications are welcomed.
Deadline – Monday 1st March 2021
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
An International School offering the British curriculum adapted to an international community.
Mougins School follows the British curriculum and offers an advanced international programme to students of 3-18 years of age.
The School’s wa...