Do you have what it takes to be our Strategic Lead for Special Educational Needs and Inclusion?
The School & Early Years Improvement Services are looking for a Head of SEN and Curriculum Inclusion. This is a new role to oversee the strategic development of coherent and integrated services which will improve the lives and opportunities for achievement of Enfield Children and Young People with Special Educational Needs aged 0-25.
As the post-holder you will be a champion for inclusion across the LA.
You will ensure that the new team you lead can:
- Provide advice and support regarding the inclusion of children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) in all educational settings within the LA.
- Ensure that statutory policies, functions and procedures are in place and consistently applied within the expected time scales.
- Ensure that EHCP application and review processes are fit for purpose, including SEN panel, Transport
- Work with the Curriculum and Standards Manager to be accountable for the LA performance related to education of Children and Young People with Special Educational Needs, narrowing the gap in outcomes between vulnerable children, young people and their peers by improving access, aspiration and achievement.
- Work in partnership and liaise effectively with other services (education, health and social care) to ensure there is coherent and appropriate support available for all Children and Young People with SEND
- Monitor and manage the SEN budgets to ensure the effective use of resources, value for money and compliance with the LA financial management requirements.
If you would like any additional information on this role please contact Clara Seery email@example.com or Kathy Hall Kathy.firstname.lastname@example.org
The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for this post.
All appointments will be made at the bottom point of the salary range.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Sue Adams on 0208 379 5764 or Sue.email@example.com. A textphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 020 8379 4419.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.
To find out more information about the role or to apply please visit: www.jobs.enfield.gov.uk
Closing date: 24th September 2018
Interviews: Tuesday 2nd October 2018