Tes smartExecutiveSuzhou, China
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Fixed Term
Start date: August 2021
Suitable for NQTs: No
Dulwich College International (Suzhou) invites applications from leaders across the international community to apply for the position of Head of Senior School.
A key member of the Dulwich College International (DCI) family of schools, Dulwich College (Suzhou) is a school that delivers a world class education and achieve record breaking IB results. The College has gone from strength to strength since it first opened its doors and now seeks an experienced and enthusiastic Head of Senior School to help an already thriving school realise its aim of achieving excellence in all areas of school life.
The new Head of Senior School will have strategic and operational oversight of a large, high-performing senior school. The successful candidate will be an inspirational and innovative leader who can secure the full engagement of staff and all other stakeholders in the delivery of the school’s strategic aims. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the success of an outstanding school on a clear upward trajectory with bold ambitions for its future.
The appointee will have a proven track record of accomplished senior leadership and of creating an environment for academic success. Strong organisational management skills and strategic capability are crucial, as too is the drive to be the engine of the Senior School. Dulwich College (Suzhou) seeks a leader who is committed to the pastoral welfare of young people and can effectively engage parents and other key stakeholders in the wider school community. An innovative educator, s/he will hold in balance the heritage and traditions of Dulwich with the global perspective and cultural awareness of Dulwich College (Suzhou).
- Tertiary degree from a well-respected university, with management and leadership qualification an advantage
- Recent experience of leadership and management of staff, and developing an open and supportive working environment
- Experience of promoting excellence and innovation in learning and teaching.
- Demonstrable experience of engaging and building relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to translate an ambitious vision into meaningful specific plans and objectives
- Be a strong team player as well as a leader
To apply for this position you will need to include:
- An application letter
- A copy of your CV
- A statement of educational philosophy
Fast track your application: Job Reference #TES 2011-546221NS
- If you are in Australia or New Zealand, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference #TES2009-545275E
- If you are currently overseas, email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference
- To join our global education community, Click Apply now and you will also receive free access to the world’s largest education jobs database, curriculum resources, career support and much more!
Dulwich College International is committed to developing supportive and safe learning environments.
Dulwich College International is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International.
Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
More about Tes smartExecutive
We’re an education business, here to help educators find and secure fulfilling jobs in some of the best schools throughout Australia and internationally. We help experienced principals and deputy principals secure their next role, and middle managers...