HEAD OF SIXTH FORM
Why apply to The Fulham Boys School?
- To play an integral in a school determined to be one of the best in this country – state or private
- To work in a school that despite having no external exam results, and only three years old, is the first independent Free School under the new framework to be Judged as ‘Good’ by Ofsted with outstanding features.
- We also have a strong CPD programme and believe in seeking out and providing opportunities to further staff.
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to get an annual bonus
- A first class staff benefit package
- 18 extra days school holidays
- Free school lunches every day freshly prepared by our school chef
- Cycle to work scheme
- Great connections to all London tube-lines and overground routes
What is the school like?
The Fulham Boys School is built upon the Christian Faith, geared towards boys and nurtures enterprise – personal, social and business.
We are a strict academic boys’ school that aims to equip our young men to apply for Oxbridge and Russell Group Universities.
We have a truly comprehensive intake which includes boys from very affluent backgrounds rubbing shoulders with boys from economically deprived backgrounds. All meeting the same high standards and learning from one another. Our vision is to be among the very best schools in this country – state or private – and believe we are on course to achieve this in the next ten years. This is confirmed by our long waiting list of boys trying to get into FBS, the Department for Education, our Ofsted report in May 2017 and local community feedback.
In May 2017, Ofsted commented,
‘The headteacher has created a school which aims to achieve academic and personal excellence for all’
‘Academic progress is strong, boys are on track to achieve well at GCSE’
‘Behaviour in lessons is exemplary…the behaviour of pupils is outstanding…Boys live and breathe good manners and courtesy’
‘Staff are very proud to work at the school and are fully committed to the aspirational ethos. They recognize the strong support from senior leaders in the development of their teaching and in recognition of their personal well-being’
‘Staff engage with ways to improve their practice, there is a culture of collaboration and staff are keen to receive feedback: ‘There is an extensive coaching programme and staff collaborate to share best practice.’
The Department for Education have said,
‘The boys love learning and speak highly of teaching’
‘Morale is high and the school is thriving’
While the Local Community observed,
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding person to be our first Head of 6th Form. Someone who is an enterprising, resilient and enthusiastic with a real ‘can do’ attitude; someone who will inspire our boys and work collaboratively within our cooperatively led school.
Someone who is able to:
- Take a leading role in setting up and establishing a sixth form with high academic credibility
- Ensure systems, staff, expertise and resources are in place to equip and enable boys to make successful applications to Russell Group and Oxbridge Universities
- Have an input in the design of the 6th form facilities at our brand new, state of the art, school building on Fulham Road
- Work with the Headmaster and Curriculum Deputy on designing the 6th form curriculum and option blocks
- Have oversight of the boys academic progress in the Sixth Form
- Ensure that all boys maintain the highest standards of behaviour, dress, punctuality and attendance
- Promote a positive culture within the 6th form ensuring that all boys are stretched and challenged, enjoy, value and fully engage with the sixth from curriculum including PHSCE, Sport, Co-Curriculum, Enterprise and the Christian ethos
If you would like to speak to our Headmaster about the role then he would love to talk to you. You can call the school on 0207381 7100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for completed applications: Noon on Friday 1st December.
FBS is committed to the protection and safety of our learners. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service prior to commencing the role.