Responsible To: Member of Senior Leadership Team
Responsible For: Social Sciences – Psychology, Health & Social Care and Child Care
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced or aspiring middle leader with passion and enthusiasm to join our team at Hartsdown Academy. We are at a new phase of improvement and development and we are looking for staff to be part of this exciting journey.
This is an exciting opportunity to make your mark being the lead professional for these subjects across the school. You will be successful in teaching and curriculum development in the 11-19 age range and have experience of developing clear strategies for ensuring students make progress.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an active member of the middle leadership team and set the direction of the development of Teaching and Learning throughout the school.
• Raise standards of student attainment and achievement within curriculum area and to monitor and support student progress
• Be responsible for the day-to-day management of staff within the designated curriculum area
In return we will offer you:
• An exciting environment where you can really make a difference
• Being part of a small local trust that is totally committed to its staff and children
• Significant opportunities for CPD and development
Hartsdown Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will need to undertake a DBS Employment Check.