Head of Subject - Design and Technology
Inner London Area
Main pay range (£32,157- £42,624)
Upper pay range (£46,971- £52,108)
TLR 2b (£4,781)
- Are you an enthusiastic leader looking to develop your practice in a new environment?
- Are you passionate about Design and Technology and able to inspire others?
- Are you committed to making a difference to the lives of young people in Hackney?
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join our happy and successful team.
We welcome applications from excellent teachers with the experience, or potential, to lead our Design and Technology department.
The successful candidate will:
- Be passionate about Design and Technology.
- Ideally be a Resistant Materials/ Product Design specialist.
- Have a proven track record of impact on student progress.
- Have experience of teaching the new GCSE Design and Technology specification and ideally A Level.
- Be flexible in teaching the whole spectrum of Design and Technology based subjects, including Food and Nutrition and Textiles.
- Be keen to promote and further expand the subject and enhance uptake at KS4 and KS5.
- Be a dynamic, career minded professional.
In return we offer:
- A rewarding role in an outstanding academy.
- The opportunity to progress your career.
- Enthusiastic and engaged students and a culture of high aspirations.
- A dedicated faculty that work collaboratively.
- Excellent facilities.
- Comprehensive staff benefits.
Are you interested in becoming the Head of Design & Technology? Our previous Head of D&T fills you in on the role: https://youtu.be/Zl91W2-R-n0
Clapton Girls’ Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be DBS checked at an enhanced level before any offer is made.
Telephone: 020 8985 6641
Visit the school website: www.clapton.hackney.sch.uk
Closing date: Wednesday 20th January 2021
Interview date: w/c 25th January 2021, there is flexibility around the interview date given the current national public health situation
Clapton Girls' Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Girls school with students of age 11 - 19 years
Clapton Girls’ Academy, set in the heart of Hackney, was founded in 1906. It is an outstanding academy which provides opportunities for every student to achieve their very best. The academy has a long and successful history of providing the bes...