Smart Teachers is recruiting for an outstanding and experienced candidate to work as a leading member of the Senior Leadership Team across three independent therapeutic special schools based in the Southwark / Lambeth area of London. The full time role is the Head of Teaching, Learning and Assessment and the ideal candidate is required to start on 1st February 2018. This is an exciting opportunity to join a thriving therapeutic provision which caters for pupils between the ages of 5-16 with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH). As a qualified and experienced teacher leader, the Head of Teaching, Learning and Assessment will have overall strategic responsibility for the quality of teaching and assessment across the school. This includes teacher training, coaching and support, assessment and moderation and feedback, monitoring and quality assurance.
About the Role
· Head of Teaching, Learning and Assessment
· Full time and permanent role
· Salary from £45,000 to £60,000 (depending on experience)
· Leading on all aspects of teaching and learning
· Overseeing the annual reviews of students’ EHCP, that are monitored by the heads of school
· Coaching, training and mentoring teachers within the school
· Positively reinforcing and celebrating pupils progress and success
· Ensuring that evidence of pupils’ learning is captured at all sites
· Overseeing the learning within class and liaising with therapists to ensure that the therapeutic element is present
· Attend leadership and governing body meetings, reporting to the governing body and the directors as appropriate
· Work together with the Executive Heads to strategically deliver high quality across the board, and to ensure the very best outcomes for pupils, the company and the schools in terms of Ofsted judgements and reputation
About the School
· Independent therapeutic special schools catering for pupils with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs
· Located in the Southwark / Lambeth area of South East London, and within walking distance of northern line underground stations. The three sites are within walking distance of each other
· Approximately 90 pupils attend, aged between 5 and 16 years’ old
· Across the three sites there are around 65 members of staff in total. The team includes support staff, teachers, qualified therapists and an experienced and well established leadership team
· The first site opened in 2012, and the most recent site opened in September 2016
In order to be considered for this role, the Head of Teaching, Learning and Assessment will need to meet the following criteria:
· Successful experience as a senior leader in a challenging context (essential)
· Outstanding experience as a teacher (essential)
· Qualified Teacher Status (essential)
· At least a good first degree in or related to a core subject (essential)
· A range of experience in delivering a curriculum to pupils with SEN (essential)
· Training or qualifications related to SEN and/or leadership and management such as an MA (desirable)
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number LXD162879.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.