We are looking for a Head of Year, with additional responsibility, to join our school. We seek a leader who sets, maintains and role models high standards and high expectations to join our Middle Leadership Team and Extended Senior Leadership Team. A leader who will be ambitious for our students, for our staff and for our school. You will play a central role in delivering our behaviour curriculum and supporting the safeguarding, welfare, attendance and inclusion of our students. You will lead, motivate and inspire students, staff, parents and the wider community, to ensure every student achieves ambitiously well. As the Raising Standards Team Coordinator you will work alongside the Assistant Headteacher (Raising Standards Leader) to deliver an ambitious programme to help each of our Key Stage 4 students achieve their best.
The successful candidate will also, ideally, be a teacher of an EBACC subject. We believe in classrooms which are free from disruption; we believe that knowledge is power and teach using 'Teach Like a Champion' techniques and Rosenshine’s Principles; we believe that each member of staff plays a pivotal role in our 'Education with Character' programme. You must have high expectations of all stakeholders including a belief that exceptional progress can be made with strong teachers and dedicated pupils working together. You will be supported by a strong leadership team as well as subject experts from the United Learning subject advisory team.
This role is an opportunity to be able to positively impact on student outcomes whilst being able to strengthen your own teaching practice and leadership and is ideally suited for those who are looking to soon move on to a Senior Leadership position.
We welcome applications from those who would like to work flexibly. The right candidate should embody our school values: we are ambitious; we are caring; we have integrity; we contribute.
Coleridge Community College is a small, family and community orientated school in Cambridge. It’s a school where every child and staff member is known, developed and supported. We value our staff highly and treat workload seriously. This is an exciting time to join us: We have recently joined United Learning; we have a new Headteacher; and, having just achieved a ‘Good’ at Ofsted, we have really strong foundations on which to grow into an excellent school. We are looking for someone that shares this belief and passionately believes that all children can achieve, no matter what their starting point, background or needs. You will be joining a school that is ambitious for its future as well as the future of all its students and so are looking for colleagues who share that ambition and are uncompromising in their commitment to doing what it takes to secure the potential of the young people here.
Our most important purpose is to teach young people things they would not learn outside school which empower them. We believe that ‘Knowledge Is Power’. We believe in teaching through explicit/direct instruction (Rosenshine and Engelmann) and utilising TLAC 2.0 techniques. Our mission is to bring out ‘the best in everyone’ and our vision is that we will be a great school in everything that we do.
We are unapologetically ambitious for every child, no matter what their background, prior attainment or needs.
We also believe in ‘Education with Character’ – we want young people to look back on a schooling that has inspired and challenged them, given them wide opportunity and prepared them for the ups and downs of life.
Why work here
- You will join a school with hugely supportive colleagues
- You will join a school committed to supporting the wellbeing of staff
- You will join a school, and MAT, who prioritise career development
- You will be supported by a school staff buddy scheme
- We offer greater than statutory PPA time
- All staff are given free Chartered College Membership
- We provide free tea & coffee in our staffroom
- We provide free parking on our school site
- We provide heavily discounted Gym membership
- We provide an employer perks package through Perkbox
- We provide a cycle to work scheme, car lease scheme and season ticket loan scheme
- We offer a free counselling service through Zurich Insurance
- We support a free subscription to ‘Headspace’ mindfulness meditation app
- We offer a competitive pension scheme
- We provide eye test reimbursement
- We provide a 10% discount on ALT classes
- You can have post and parcels delivered to school
- We provide laptops for staff
To arrange a visit of the school please contact Milly Diggons, Business Support Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Coleridge Community College
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Coleridge Community College is a small, family and community orientated school in Cambridge. It’s a school where every child and staff member is known, developed and supported. We value our staff highly and treat workload seriously.