We are delighted to be offering an exciting opportunity for a highly committed and passionate practitioner who will have responsibility as Head of Year 7 at Deer Park School from September 2021. For the right candidate this is a unique chance to make their own mark on a brand new school with state of the art facilities.
Deer Park School is a new seven-form entry secondary school opening in September 2021 initially with four forms of Year 7 and growing to full capacity of seven forms of entry over the next seven years. Applicants who have a genuine commitment to the welfare and academic progress of all students are invited to apply. We are looking for a highly qualified and experienced colleague who can demonstrate outstanding communication and leadership skills, who is able to recognise the talents in every child and has high aspirations for all.
The key features of our vision include:
• ‘No child left behind’; each child is at the heart of what we do.
• All learners are supported and challenged to become independent, resilient, confident and articulate individuals who are aspirational and ambitious.
• Learning is personalised to stimulate each student’s enjoyment and love of learning.
• A culture of rights, respect and responsibility.
• An ethos that is inclusive, where each individual is valued and there is a focus on well-being and achievement.
• High quality professional learning for staff, developing strong and sustainable partnerships where innovative practice is jointly developed and linked to educational research and high quality teaching and learning.
• Clear lines of accountability, underpinned by strong management systems.
• Outstanding leadership at all levels to realise the vision
We are looking for an outstanding practitioner who can lead, inspire and motivate staff and students and who is able to work with the leadership team to develop this new school so it is at the heart of the community.
We will ensure that the successful candidate has:
• comprehensive induction including a dedicated mentor
• continuous professional learning, development and improvement
• the opportunity to contribute to raising standards for all our students
Benefits of working for our trust include:
• Potential for career progression
• Excellent department resources
• Enrolment in the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
• A tax efficient Cycle-to-Work scheme through salary sacrifice
• A tax efficient IT Leasing scheme through salary sacrifice
• Friendly and sociable colleagues
• Staff membership rates to our modern Leisure Centre at Wildern School
• Good transport links
• Free on-site car park
If you already live or work in Hampshire, you will know what a fantastic place it is. Located on the south coast of England, with excellent transport links, Hampshire offers a choice of rural or city living. The culture, coastline and countryside in Hampshire can provide a variety of different lifestyles:
• go horse riding, walking and cycling on the many routes found throughout Hampshire’s country parks
• visit theme parks, award winning museums and explore historic sites across the region
• take part in Hampshire’s thriving sports scene
• relax at Hampshire’s diverse range of food and drink establishments and regular farmers’ markets
Applications should be on Wildern Academy Trust application forms, individual CV’s will not be accepted. Application forms can be downloaded from the Wildern School website https://www.wildern.hants.sch.uk/joining-us/sv/dps/dopa-dps/ Further information can also be found on the Wildern School website https://www.wildern.hants.sch.uk/new-school-information/deer-park/
Completed application forms should be e-mailed to email@example.com or sent by post for the attention of Mrs F Mitchell, Wildern School, Wildern Lane, Hedge End, Southampton, SO30 4EJ.
Closing Date: Midday Tuesday 2nd February 2021
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date if we receive applications that meet the criteria. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Wildern Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Deer Park Secondary School
- Mainstream school with state funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years