Head of Year – MPR / UPR + TLR2C (£7017)
Are you looking for the next step in your career? This is an outstanding opportunity for an excellent practitioner to play a key role in the strategic development and growth of this exciting all-through school.
We are seeking to appoint a Head of Year to join us at our secondary site from September 2021.
This exciting and challenging post requires an enthusiastic, hardworking and conscientious individual who has experience of a high expectation environment. You will need to be ambitious, innovative and dynamic. You will also need to have the ability and tenacity to ensure that students achieve our ambitious goals.
• Be able to lead and inspire a tutor team.
• Understand all pupils’ needs in your year group and arrange intervention plans to support them.
• Enhance the quality of pupils’ learning through assemblies and active tutor times.
• Promote the pupils’ achievement through positive rewards assemblies and experiences.
• Encourage all pupils to be the best they can be.
• Uphold highest standards of behaviour and attendance.
• Raise achievement for all pupils through high quality pastoral care.
The following teaching specialisms will be an advantage when applying: Science, Maths, Music.
Alderwood School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
For an application form please visit the vacancies section of our website www.alderwood.hants.sch.uk or alternatively, email Miss G Yates, PA to Executive Headteacher, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 18th January 2021, 12 noon
Interview date: W/C Monday 25th January 2021
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 16 years