We are seeking to appoint a strong Head of Year to join our excellent Student Support team. You will organise and manage a year group of 240 students, liaising with parents / carers as well as external agencies on all aspects of pastoral care and be fully supportive of the inclusive ethos of the school.
The successful candidate will possess:
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills when dealing with students, parents, staff and external agencies
• Excellent organisational skills
• Experience of working with young people
• The ability to lead a team of tutors
• Ability to analyse data and plan accordingly
• Ability to use ICT effectively
• Ability to prioritise and take initiative
This is a very exciting time to be joining a highly motivated and successful team. The Academy received an ‘Outstanding’ grade in all categories from OfSTED in December 2018. Inspectors commented that “Pupils conduct themselves in exemplary fashion in school”, “The behaviour of pupils is outstanding, pupils appearance is smart and they have pride in themselves and their school community”.
RSA Academy Arrow Vale
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 13 - 18 years