Head of Year Pastoral
The Stockwood Park Academy have an excellent opportunity for a Head of Year to join their Pastoral Team. We are seeking a positive, proactive and passionate individual with a focus on ensuring every child meets and exceeds their potential. To achieve this end, you will remove barriers to learning and encourage good attendance, behaviour and academic progress. The successful candidate will lead a team of Form Tutors who will share your vision for high standards of pastoral care, welfare and discipline of the year group. This is a non-teaching post and will suit a dynamic leader.
The Stockwood Park Academy are proud of the unrivalled education experience offered. You will certainly benefit from forward-thinking and supportive leadership, an encouraging and enthusiastic staff body and enterprising students. Our academy has state of the art facilities, fit for all your teaching needs.
If you want to grow and develop in a fast paced, dynamic and successful Academy, come and join us at The Stockwood Park Academy!
· Adherence to completing the Academy’s rigorous procedures for recording, monitoring, analysing and acting upon a range of data including student attendance, punctuality, referrals and academic records from all subject areas to:
· Evaluate the quality and appropriateness of students overall negotiated individual learning plans
· Identify when intervention is necessary
· Monitoring and implementing actions in ensuring 100% attendance.
· Monitoring the effectiveness of curriculum areas to support high quality outcomes for the designated year group as and when required.
The successful candidate will have
· Experienced working with children and young people in some form of pastoral role.
· Understanding of safeguarding, restorative justice and de-escalation techniques.
· Strong public speaking skills and a good telephone manner needed.
· ‘Can do’ attitude, resilient, able to deal with complex and challenge behaviours.
· Some understanding of transition, an ability to develop further and be accountable for increasing numbers.
· Demonstrable successful experience of planning for implementation and overall impact.
· An understanding of parental issues and student’s social and emotional needs.
· Ability to use data and to support high achieving students
· Can move at pace and can work a behaviour on-call and triage system.
Start date September 2021
Salary NJC L7 26-28 £30,451 - £32,234 FTE plus £1,000 exceptional candidate (dependent of experience) (actual salary pro rata £26,995-£28,575 (£30,145))
Job Role Permanent, Full-time, Term-Time plus one week
Why work for Stockwood Park Academy?
· £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped classrooms
· You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
· Unparalleled CPD opportunities with free courses every Thursday catered to your developmental needs
· Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
· All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment
· Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning
· Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
· Fantastic staff benefits that make a difference to your work life balance
The Stockwood Park Academy
Luton, by Stockwood Park Golf Club and Luton Rugby Club
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years