Buile Hill Visual Arts College is an 11 – 16, co-educational, fully comprehensive community school, serving the inner city community of Salford. The schools headline figures continue to improve with attainment in English and math’s increasing for the last three years. Further improvements are expected this year.
The school has a growing reputation both locally and nationally. In August 2016 we became part of Consilium Academies, a MAT that shares our commitment to inclusive education and the development of children as rounded individuals. In our recent Ofsted the school was praised for its inclusivity and both Leadership & Management and Teaching, Learning & Assessment were rated as good.
We are looking to appoint a dynamic and highly motivated Head of Year.
On our journey forward, we are looking for:
• An enthusiastic, motivated and dynamic Head of Year, to join our dedicated and committed Pastoral Team.
• A self-motivated, energetic individual who has proven leadership skills along with the ability to communicate with people from all walks of life.
• Someone who possesses exceptional literacy skills, works well under pressure, is able to meet deadlines, use their own initiative and conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times.
• An enthusiastic and innovative team player dedicated to sharing good practice and taking full advantage of all opportunities to develop their leadership skills.
• An inclusive individual, with high expectations of their students, who is committed to maximising rates of progress.
• Someone with a sense of humour, who understands the importance of developing a positive culture in our organisation and is totally committed to the concept of distributed leadership.
We will guarantee:
• You will be supported but challenged.
• Provided with the very best CPD on offer from the abundance of talented staff working within the school, as well as external experts seconded to work with us to maintain objectivity in school.
• A stimulating and friendly working environment where every member of staff is valued and makes a significant contribution to the Buile Hill Family.
• Working with honest, aspirational students, who are full of character and have a lot of potential.
• Support from creative and innovative colleagues that will ensure your professional practice continues to develop in-line with national standards.
If you feel you share our values, have the vision and drive for excellence and want to be part of an enthusiastic, dedicated and well-resourced team, committed to ensuring that students fulfil their potential, then we would like to hear from you.
Visits to the school are encouraged and warmly welcomed.
Application forms can be obtained from:
Mrs. J. Derbyshire
Buile Hill Visual Arts College
Eccles Old Road
at the following email address email@example.com or please download the application pack directly from our website www.builehill.salford.sch.uk
The closing date for all applications is Tuesday 23rd April 2019 at 8.00am, with interviews taking place on Thursday 2nd May 2019 from 8:30am. (Please note interviews will last all day).
The school is committed to safeguarding, promoting the welfare of the children and young people and expects all staff/volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to two satisfactory references, Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, medical clearance, evidence of essential qualifications and proof of right to work in the UK.