To commence September 2021
TLR 2.3 (£6,693pa)
We are seeking an outstanding teacher, with the potential to become an excellent pastoral leader and role model, to lead a team of tutors and oversee a year group of approximately 220 students. The successful candidate will lead a team of tutors and be responsible for the overall welfare and care of students in that year group, linking pastoral and curriculum priorities to get the very best outcomes for every young person.
We would welcome an application if you:
- Are committed to enabling every student to achieve the very best they can.
- Can raise attainment through outstanding teaching and the promotion of a culture of high expectations.
- Have a passion for providing the highest quality pastoral care.
- Have the ability to lead and maintain good discipline and standards of behaviour.
- Have the skills to lead, manage and enthuse a team of staff.
- Are committed to your own professional development.
- A competitive salary (London Fringe Pay Scale).
- Two week Autumn half term and a minimum two week break over the Christmas period.
- Friday afternoon non-contact time.
- Priority admissions criteria for children of staff (see application pack).
- Interest-free travel/relocation loan.
- On-site gym.
- Professional development support and an extensive CPD programme.
Hinchley Wood School is an inclusive and high achieving school on the borders of SW London, celebrating student progress and development as well as academic achievement. We are an oversubscribed co-educational academy, with over 1,400 students on roll including 290 in our 6th form; and one of the top 200 performing schools in England and Wales in terms of the progress our students make between the end of Key Stage 2 and their GCSEs.
We would welcome pre-application visits or further queries. Please call the HR department on 0208 398 7161 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org Application packs are available from our website: http://www.hinchleywoodschool.co.uk/243/vacancies
Latest closing date for applications: Monday 24th May 2021 (9 am)
Early enquiries and applications are encouraged, and we reserve the right to shortlist, appoint and interview prior to the closing date.
Hinchley Wood Learning Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The position advertised is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Hinchley Wood School
Surrey, SW London borders
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years