In response to increasing student numbers, the Ockendon Academy are currently looking for a Head of Year to start as soon as possible. We are keen to appoint someone who enjoys inspiring students through their passion, excitement and drive, with a strong desire to make a difference to student achievement and helping us to continue the new and exciting improvements being introduced by our staff under the leadership of our newly-appointed Principal. In return, the Academy will provide support through mentoring & continued professional development.
You should be dedicated and driven to help shape and develop students, ensuring high standards of behaviour and learning across the year group. You will be responsible for monitoring progress, working with subject leaders to identify key groups , establishing their support needs and encouraging each pupil to reach their full potential. This dedication will be carried through to your teaching subject and your day to day classroom practices.
- Be educated to a first degree level or equivalent and hold QTS.
- Have experience of teaching the UK curriculum ideally to Key Stage 5 and have the ability to plan and deliver lessons to ensure excellent learning progression takes place in all areas.
- Can assess and mark work, monitor pupils' progression and raise attainment levels.
- Have evidence that they have supported students effectively and possess a capacity to deliver engaging lessons, which inspire and motivate pupils to challenge their own learning.
- Have the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with students, parents and colleagues.
The Principal is happy to meet you for a pre-application visit, please contact Helen Smith, the Principal’s PA at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
To apply, please visit our website www.theockendonacademy.com to download the Job Description, Person Specification and Application form, or alternatively contact Denise Fowler, HR Manager at email@example.com for an application pack.
The Ockendon Academy and Ockendon Studio School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check.