Operating in close association with Harrow School, London, Harrow Bangkok is part of a family of schools in the UK and Asia who share a similar ethos and high standards. Benefitting from a 35-acre garden campus in one of the world’s most diverse and dynamic cities, Harrow Bangkok is firmly established, highly respected and consistently popular with more than 1,600 boys and girls aged 18 months to 18 years, including 15% who board. Graduates achieve world-class examination results and move on to high-ranking universities worldwide following a progressive, rigorous academic education aligned with a strong commitment to developing the whole person.
We are seeking high performing leaders for this post commencing in August 2021. To develop a strategic vision for the Year 9 -11, phase that aligns with the strategic vision of the Upper School and ensure the Year 9 Curriculum is an academically rigorous foundation of study with clear progression to further study of IGCSE and A Level. Additionally to lead on Upper School improvement priorities as an Assistant Head in the Upper School (US) Leadership Team.
Successful applicants are offered two year renewable contracts with highly competitive terms of employment and outstanding working conditions.
We welcome applications from the UK state and independent sector as well as from those working internationally. Opportunities to work with our boarders may be available.
Please apply for this vacancy if you meet the following requirements:
· Appropriate degree, with UK PGCE, or other teaching qualification giving QTS
· Minimum of three years’ teaching experience
· Minimum three years’ experience as a middle leader or senior leader
· Familiarity with the national curriculum of England including IGCSE/GCSE and A Levels and knowledge of International A Levels
· Strong administrative, organisational, IT and analytical skills
· Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
· A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
· Recent and consistent involvement in extracurricular activities
· Evidence of delivering performance against clear quality criteria, must be regarded by colleagues as a leading teacher in their own right
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· The ability to build strong, respectful and productive relationships with all stakeholders
· Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background
· A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
· Acceptable police checks (or equivalent) from the country of origin and from all other countries in which the applicant has worked and no question regarding suitability to work with children and appropriate references from current and previous employer, corroborated by personal phone calls made to each referee
How to apply
· Please click on the 'Apply on school website' button below in order to complete our online application form
Wednesday, 24th February at midnight GMT (early applications encouraged as shortlisting / interviews will be held on a rolling basis)
The safeguarding of our students is at the core of all that we do. All appointments are conditional on:
· Acceptable police checks (or equivalent) from the country of origin and from all countries in which you have worked
· Appropriate references from your current and previous employer, corroborated by personal phone calls made to each referee
All enquiries should be directed to Harrow Bangkok firstname.lastname@example.org
Please find Prospectus in this link https://issuu.com/harrowis/docs/harrow_bangkok_prospectus_4cd721088c9660?fr=sYTE0MDE1Nzg4ODQ
More information is available on our website https://www.harrowschool.ac.th/about-us/work-at-harrow-bangkok
Harrow International School Bangkok
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 1 - 18 years
Harrow International School Bangkok
Harrow Bangkok is the original Harrow International School in Asia, founded in 1998. The school is thriving, with its own reputation for educational excellence as one of the leading schools in Thailand and So...