A rare opportunity for a dynamic individual to lead our highly successful girls’ grammar school, where a culture of aspiration is combined with a warm, supportive atmosphere and a wide range of extracurricular opportunities.
The Henrietta Barnett School (HBS) is an academically selective girls’ grammar school. It became an academy in 2012 and currently has 802 students with 282 in the Sixth Form. HBS has been consistently rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted, and our academic achievement keeps us at or near the top of the league tables. We are proud of our diverse and supportive community and our strong culture of promoting curiosity amongst students, in both their extra-curricular and academic life. Housed in its original Lutyens-designed building in a leafy North London suburb, HBS has good public transport and road links.
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and approachable leader with an excellent track record in leading teaching and learning as well as in leading and managing staff and supporting their professional development. Our new Head will maintain our exceptional academic record and pastoral care, while building on our ongoing work to widen access.
Our ideal candidate will:
• Be an inspirational, strategic leader and manager.
• Have a proven record of excellence in leading teaching and learning, pastoral care and safeguarding.
• Have senior leadership experience at Head or Deputy Head level or equivalent.
• Be experienced in managing staff and supporting their professional development.
• Have in-depth knowledge and understanding of wider educational and social contexts.
• Understand the legal and financial frameworks governing schools/academies.
• Be able to think innovatively and work collaboratively with external partners.
At HBS, you will find:
• Motivated students with high academic aspirations who self-manage their behaviour.
• A highly skilled and very committed staff with low turnover.
• A supportive school community with strong relationships between students, staff and parents/carers.
• A very wide range of extra-curricular activities, from Jazz Band to Robotics.
• A supportive governing body with broad professional expertise.
Dame Henrietta Barnett strongly believed in the power of education to shape people’s lives and founded the school to provide educational opportunities of the highest quality for its students. She built the school on the principle that education should be open to girls from different backgrounds to study and learn together and from each other. This principle is alive and well at HBS. We provide a broad education that is ambitious, varied and stimulating, in an open, caring and supportive environment, enabling each individual to thrive. We are committed to developing the whole person, encouraging students to explore their interests in a wide variety of ways and promoting curiosity of mind, independence of spirit and a love of learning.
Further information can be downloaded from: https://www.rsacademics.com/vacancies/head-the-henrietta-barnett-school
Potential candidates wishing to discuss the post are invited to contact eitherHolly Fitzgerald at HollyFitzgerald@rsacademics.com 07801 522913or Andrea Berkeley AndreaBerkeley@rsacademics.com 07894 140301.
Closing Date: 1 February 2021
The Henrietta Barnett School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are made subject to receipt of a completed application form, satisfactory references and Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
The Henrietta Barnett School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Girls school with students of age 11 - 18 years
Founded in 1911, The Henrietta Barnett School is a state grammar academy for girls aged 11-18 years.
Dame Henrietta Barnett fought to ensure that women had access to educational opportunities equal to those of men. Her commitment was to ...