Leigh Primary School is looking for its next inspirational leader to drive forward improvements and secure future performance. Are you an outstanding leader, able to inspire and lead our team of staff and children?
About our school
Leigh Primary School is one of the family of schools within Leigh Multi Academy Trust. The Board of Directors are looking to appoint a Head Teacher for this popular two form entry school which currently holds additional bulge year group classes in Years 2, 4, 5 and 6 and a 39 place Nursery. There are currently 593 pupils on roll and the intention is to revert back to a 2 form entry school over the next 4 years.
Leigh is an inner city, multi-cultural school rated as ‘Good’ by Ofsted. We are accredited with National Support School Status and our Executive Head Teacher is a National Leader of Education.
The school serves a diverse community and relationships between families and the school are excellent.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Impressive levels of commitment, drive and resilience
- Clear focused vision to take our school forward
- Excellent understanding of effective strategies for raising attainment and achieving excellence
- The desire to be an inspirational role model with strong leadership, management and organisational skills and excellent inter-personal skills
- The ability to be reflective, with good communication and listening skills; able to recognise current strengths, maintaining stability whilst managing necessary change
In return we can offer:
- A strong, supportive team of directors and governors who are well informed and are dedicated to a vision of educational excellence, with commitment to your continuing professional development
- A welcoming, friendly environment, with a committed and dedicated team of staff
- Children who love learning
- Supportive families
We believe this is a very exciting opportunity for a talented, driven individual to progress their career in a trust that is committed to their motto of ‘Together Everyone Achieves More’.
So if you are an experienced Head Teacher or Deputy Head who is ready to take on this exciting challenge we look forward to hearing from you.
For an informal, confidential discussion, please contact Ms Yvonne Wakefield, PA to the CEO and Executive Head Teachers, initially via email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and we have set aside the following dates:
- Thursday 15 February at 2.00 pm
- Wednesday 28 February at 9.30 am
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 6 March 2018 at 12.00 noon.
Short listing: Will be in the following stages:
Stage 1: Application shortlisting: Thursday 8 March 2018
Please note that references will be requested for successful candidates at this stage.
Stage 2: Informal visit to your current school (date to arranged with candidate/s) and an Initial Assessment at Leigh Primary School on Thursday 22 March 2018
Stage 3: Interview & Presentation: Monday 26 March 2018
Candidates will be informed at each step if they have been successful in reaching the next stage of the process.
Application forms and details are available from and returnable to Ms Yvonne Wakefield, PA and Company Secretary, Leigh Primary School, Leigh Road, Washwood Heath, Birmingham, B8 2YH. Email – email@example.com.
You can also download the applicant pack from the Birmingham City Council website
Leigh Trust and Leigh Primary School are committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and expects staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be appointed subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks including references and an enhanced DBS (disclosure and barring service) check.
Leigh Trust - Leigh Primary School, Leigh Road, Washwood Heath, Birmingham, B8 2YH.
Tel: 0121 464 2621, Web: www.leighji.bham.sch.uk