St. Bernard's Catholic Primary School
Wake Green Road, Moseley, Birmingham. B13 9QE
Phone: 0121 464 3795
Number currently on roll: 414
The Governors of St. Bernard’s Catholic Primary School are seeking to appoint an inspirational and dedicated Head Teacher from September 2021 due to the retirement of the current post-holder.
St. Bernard's is a caring, friendly school family and community where the Catholic Ethos is central to all that we do. The new Head Teacher will be responsible for the day-to-day leadership and management of the school and will lead a team that strive together for children under the school’s pupil motto of “We work, we play, we care, we pray”
Applications are invited from experienced school leaders.
The successful candidate will be someone who:
- will take the lead role in providing inspirational Catholic education based on our shared Gospel values of Christ,
- will be seen by children, parents and carers, and the wider parish as the person dedicated to directing their learning,
- will be seen as the school’s pastoral leader.
We are therefore seeking to appoint a practising Catholic to this role.
Governors are seeking someone who:
- Has a secure understanding of all matters relating to safeguarding.
- Can demonstrate good or outstanding leadership skills and practice,
- Can demonstrate a proven track record of providing inspirational, strategic and professional leadership.
- Can demonstrate a strong subject knowledge in all areas of the primary curriculum.
- Will be a team leader with experience of coaching and mentoring.
- Will work exceptionally hard to ensure that every child is supported and challenged to be their very best and reach their true potential
- Has an understanding of the benefits and challenges of future diocese academisation.
We can offer:
- Children who enjoy learning and very supportive parents.
- The opportunity to work with a truly, happy, dedicated and supportive team of staff.
- A welcoming, friendly and supportive Governing Body.
- A highly supportive Strategic Leadership Team.
- Excellent coaching and opportunities for professional and career development.
- A genuinely exciting partnership of schools, known as the ‘Tolkien Cluster’, that thrive together as a group through training and shared expertise
Ofsted (January 2017) judged St. Bernard’s to be ‘GOOD’
Application should be on a CES application form and sent to the school (applications NOT submitted on the CES application form will not be considered). Any electronic applications will have to be signed by the applicant before attending an interview.
Informal visits to our school are very much welcomed and encouraged (note that at this time of restrictions it would be easier after 4pm). Please telephone the school office on 0121 464 3795 to arrange a visit.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Monday 1st March 2021
8th March 2021: written assessment
10th March: interviews
For an application pack, please visit our busy school website www.st-bernards.bham.sch.uk (see LATEST NEWS/SCHOOL VACANCIES) and return any applications to the main school office email: email@example.com
Equality information, please visit: https:www.catholiceducation.org.uk/guidance-for-schools/equality
The Archdiocese of Birmingham Education policy is working towards securing collaboration through a family of schools within a multi academy (MAC).
St. Bernard’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS Check.
St Bernard's Catholic Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 11 years