Whitefield Community Primary School,
Victoria Avenue, Whitefield, Manchester M45 6DP
Leadership Range L13 to L19
£56,721 to £65,735 per annum
*Whilst the salary range is as quoted, Governors may be willing to consider flexibility in that range for an exceptional candidate.
(School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document 2020.)
Required for April 2021, or the next available date thereafter.
The governors of Whitefield Community Primary School are seeking to appoint an inspirational and dynamic Headteacher who has the focus and drive to continue our journey towards becoming an outstanding school.
Everyone at Whitefield is passionate and ambitious for our children. We are equally proud that this is done within a supportive and nurturing environment.
Whilst our School is formally rated as ‘Requires Improvement’ we have made great progress in our performance since this judgement. The children’s behaviour and attendance is excellent, and we want to continue the progress made on Teaching & Learning. Our successful candidate will be supported by a dedicated and professional staff.
Our school has recently benefited from a significant renovation and we would hope a successful candidate could utilise this new resource to improve academic outcomes, and the social and emotional development of the children.
Whitefield can offer the successful candidate:
- A happy and welcoming school where you have the opportunity to make a difference to the lives of its pupils.
- The opportunity to lead and further develop a highly dedicated and motivated team of teaching and support staff;
- A supportive Governing Body who will work and develop with you in partnership
- Support for your continuing professional development;
- A strong effective partnership with the Local Authority and other partners.
- An extensively improved school building and other outstanding resources that include Forest School, large playing areas and excellent outdoor facilities.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate with:
- A vision for the school to further enhance its current effectiveness. We need a candidate who will build on the recent improvements to move the school towards outstanding status
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a track record in building strong resilient teams
- The experience to meet the opportunities and challenges presented by a diverse school population, and build and maintain strong relationships within the school and in the wider community.
- Proven determination, ambition and dedication to ensure all children reach their full potential.
- The ability to lead and inspire colleagues alongside setting an excellent example of classroom practice and a focus on continuing staff and learning development
Appointments to visit the school are warmly welcome, please contact the school office to make an appointment on telephone number 0161 766 2852.
Shortlisting will take place on Monday 18th January 2021.
Interviews will take place on Friday 22nd January and/or Monday 25th January 2021 (subject to Covid restrictions)
Visit our website for further information: www.wcp-school.co.uk
Employees of the school have a responsibility for, and must be committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.
Shortlisted candidates will be expected to complete a Disqualification Declaration.
Appointment is subject to suitable references and a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
An application form is downloadable from here and returnable by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Friday 15th January 2021
For further information click on links below:-
Whitefield Community Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years