- Expiring soon
- Job type:
- Full Time, Permanent
- Apply by:
- 27 November 2017
Bedfordshire Schools Trust (BEST) comprises eight flourishing academies and two nurseries delivering first choice education, from Early Years to Advanced Level study. Our vision is ‘to grow the BEST in everyone.’ We believe in the importance of high expectations, hard work and the development of a community of schools where each of us strive to ‘be the best that we can be.’ Our schools work together to add value and compete to continually improve.
An exciting future lies ahead for Lawnside Lower School as we embark on our journey to become an academy as part of Bedfordshire Schools Trust. The Board of Directors, local governing body, staff and children wish to appoint an inspirational Head Teacher to successfully lead the school through this change and into an Outstanding future.
We are looking for a Head Teacher who is driven to ensure that every pupil achieves their full potential. A Head Teacher who will nurture the school and all its pupils and staff on our journey to become Outstanding.
We are looking for someone who will:
- use their experience to drive the successful implementation of change and school improvement
- provide professional leadership and management for the school that reflects the vision, values and beliefs of the Trust
- promote a secure foundation from which to achieve high standards in all areas of the school’s work
- continue to raise the quality of teaching and learning for pupils, maximising their achievements within a successful learning culture
- provide effective management of the school and identify ways of improving organisation structures and functions through the use of information technology and centralised services
A sense of fun and a sense of purpose should not be mutually exclusive.
We can offer:
- Pleasant rural working environment with easy access to London, Milton Keynes, Oxford and Cambridge
- Free onsite parking
- Access to childcare with BEST nurseries based at the Samuel Whitbread and Gothic Mede Academies
- Preferential membership rate for the Pendleton Sports & Leisure Centre, Arlesey
- Excellent sporting facilities
- Free at the point of use counselling and occupational health services
- Access to training via the BEST Teaching School and Bedfordshire Schools’ Training Partnership
- Opportunities to share knowledge and work across the Trust
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Enhanced maternity and adoption benefits and a suite of family friendly policies including shared parental leave, paternity leave, parental leave and flexible working
- Membership of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Access to postgraduate study with the University of Cambridge
- Generous sick pay scheme in accordance with the Conditions of Service for School Teachers in England and Wales
The children and staff have a love of learning and look forward to welcoming you to our school. More information about our school is available on our website www.lawnsidelowerschool.co.uk
If you would like to visit us, we would be delighted to show you around. Please contact:
Clare Webb on 01767 312313 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details and an application pack please contact Clare Webb on 01767 312313 or email@example.com
Closing Date: 9am Monday 27th November 2017
Interview Dates: w/c 4th December 2017
References will only be requested for short listed candidates.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promotion of children's welfare and offers of employment are subject to DBS clearance.
Strictly no agencies.
“Learning Together, Growing Together”
About Lawnside Academy
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.