Location Regional NSW
Advertisement Number A900098293
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $137,486.00. This position attracts a base salary of $124,038.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Albury High School
Principal Network Albury
Staffing Area Albury
FTE 1.000Contact Name Sharon McEachern
Contact Phone number 02 6021 3488
Closing Date 03-Mar-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Albury High School is proudly a comprehensive high school with a current enrolment of 1020 students, including 50 Indigenous students and 20 students in three Multicategorical classes. We cater for a diverse range of students by providing an excellent program and continued support for students with a range of learning difficulties through to students who are highly talented in the academic, sporting and arts fields. Students are encouraged to set goals and develop skills to achieve them. We provide opportunities for students to enter National writing, science and mathematics competitions. The school has a very active learning support team, whose aim is to ensure that all students feel safe, secure and able to achieve. Students at Albury High School consistently achieve strong results in external exams. The school has excellent links with other educational groups in the local community including TAFE, Charles Sturt University, La Trobe University and our fellow government schools. We are proud members of the Crossing Point Learning Community and we are working together on shared professional learning that impacts on student learning. Parents and the wider community are encouraged to participate in the life of our school through the Parents and Citizens Association and the School Council. These organisations provide invaluable support in the forward planning and development of the school. Albury High School has a proud history and continues to maintain the positive traditions of its past, while at the same time embracing the challenges of an exciting future.
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria,
- Approval to teach Years 7-12 Visual Arts and/or Music and/or Drama, with the capacity or willingness to teach Drama and Visual Arts, with demonstrated exemplary classroom practice.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to lead and support a CAPA faculty of diverse staff at various stages in their professional development to foster quality teaching practices to improve student outcomes.
- Demonstrated capacity as a visible, approachable and inspirational member of the school community to lead and promote whole school CAPA initiatives and programs.
- Demonstrated self-initiative, high level organisational skills and a strong sense of professional responsibility to engage deeply in innovative pedagogy to lead improvement in teaching and learning across the school.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.