Location Regional NSW
Advertisement Number A900099919
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $137,486.00. This position attracts a base salary of $124,038.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Parkes High School
Principal Network Mitchell
Staffing Area Orange
FTE 1.000Contact Name Sandra Carter
Contact Phone number 02 6862 1844
Closing Date 22-Sep-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Parkes High School (enrolment 564 students, including 20% Aboriginal students) is proudly a NSW Department of Education comprehensive secondary school that provides education to an expanding rural community in the central west of NSW. The school attracts equity funding and is focusing on quality teaching, differentiation, literacy and numeracy. Parkes High School has developed a dedicated STEM teaching space and partnerships with universities. Parkes High School is a Stronger Smarter and a Positive Behaviour for Learning school and is part of the Henry Parkes Learning Community. The school operates within a highly inclusive model of support for students with disabilities and has six Special Education classes and a Tutorial Centre. Parkes High School has a proud history of outstanding academic, sporting, cultural and performing arts achievements. Parkes High School also offers a range of Vocational Education and Training courses delivered across the school.
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria, Approval to teach Dance or Drama or Music or Visual Arts. Ability to lead and manage a combined faculty in a supportive and collegial manner while maintaining a culture of high expectations in a changing environment. Demonstrated capacity to lead colleagues across subject areas to plan, implement and review curriculum and evaluate the effectiveness of teaching, learning and assessment programs resulting in improved learning outcomes. Demonstrated capacity to be a dynamic member of the executive team and to facilitate creative and performing arts initiatives across the school, Henry Parkes Learning Community and the community.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.