The Governors are looking for a dynamic and inspirational Headteacher with the commitment to build on the school’s Good OFSTED rating and lead it to its next exciting phase of development from January 2019. We welcome applications from strong leaders with demonstrable experience managing change and balancing improved school standards with staff and pupil wellbeing.
Do you have what it takes to nurture young minds to fulfil their educational potential? Are you a people person and a strong and confident leader who is focused, driven and puts children at the heart of all you do? Do you have passion and the ability to motivate and develop our team to deliver the best possible outcomes for our children? If so, Shelton Junior School is the place for you!
Shelton Junior School
Our school motto is…
Together we learn, trust and succeed!
Our aims are to learn vivaciously, behave impeccably and ensure we truly flourish.
Our teachers use The Shelton Way to help us achieve our aims.
Our Headteacher will:
- Be an experienced Primary phase leader (preferably in KS2) with a track record of raising standards through a clear vision of high quality education
- Lead our school forwards, embrace change, and enable outstanding practice with the ability to communicate and influence at all levels
- Provide strong and inspirational leadership and management including leading the business function in school as we are a foundation school
- Drive and inspire the highest standards of teaching, learning and performance
- Build and nurture positive relationships with our children, staff and parents
- Share a passion for an engaging learning environment which is productive and fulfilling
- Be child focused in their approach, putting children at the heart of everything they do.
As a school we offer:
- Happy, considerate and enthusiastic pupils who contribute fully to school life
- An effective, supportive and knowledgeable Governing Body
- A committed staff group of teaching and support staff
- A warm, welcoming and friendly environment
- The opportunity to think outside of the box and put your mark on the school
Closing date: 5pm Monday 2nd July 2018
Interview dates: Tuesday 10th and Wednesday 11th July 2018
Applicants are warmly welcomed to visit the school on 15th June 2018, please contact the school office to arrange an appointment.
Shelton Junior School is an equal opportunities employer. We are fully committed to the safeguarding, protection and welfare of the children and expect all staff to share in this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and medical check.
All information relevant to this post can be found on our website www.sheltonjuniors.co.uk
Completed application forms, can be emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or post your application to : Shelton Junior School, Carlton Ave, Shelton Lock ,Derby. DE24 9EF
If you need any further details regarding this post please contact the school office on 01332 701212