Location Regional NSW
Advertisement Number A900100561
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $137,486.00. This position attracts a base salary of $124,038.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Hay War Memorial High School
Principal Network Griffith
Staffing Area Deniliquin
FTE 1.000Contact Name Mr Yvan Chambers
Contact Phone number 02 69931408
Closing Date 29-Sep-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Hay War Memorial High School, with an enrolment of 155 students, including 31 Aboriginal students, is a successful comprehensive high school offering a diverse program to rural and isolated students in south western New South Wales. It has a particularly strong tradition befitting a war memorial which commemorates the long record of war service of the town and district. Hay War Memorial High School participates in Positive Behaviour for Learning and Curiosity and Powerful Learning to improve student learning by strengthening teacher practice. The school provides broad ranging programs to meet student needs and has developed a distinctive blend of traditional values and innovative educational practices, including the Compressed Curriculum for the senior students. Further information regarding Hay War Memorial High School, including the annual school report and strategic improvement plan is available on the school's website http://www.haywarmem-h.schools.nsw.edu.au/.
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria,
- Approval to teach English (Years 7-10) and English (Years 11-12), with demonstrated excellence in classroom teaching practice to foster positive student engagement.
- Capacity to lead a faculty team and build the capacity of the other teachers in the faculty to collaboratively plan, differentiate curriculum and effectively assess student progress.
- Demonstrated ability as a proactive leader, who can work as a member of the school’s executive team to improve student outcomes.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead whole school literacy strategies.
- Capacity to collaborate within the school and across wider communities to support student wellbeing.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.