Location Regional NSW
Advertisement Number A900097890
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $137,486.00. This position attracts a base salary of $124,038.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Guyra Central School
Principal Network Northern Tablelands
Staffing Area Armidale
FTE 1.000Contact Name Michelle Nicholson
Contact Phone number 0423052610
Closing Date 24-Feb-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Guyra Central School provides a future focused and personalised Kindergarten to Year 12 learning environment that embraces a culture of high expectation, wellbeing and achievement for ALL. The school has a current enrolment of 305 students, including 28 % Aboriginal students.
In partnership with our broader community we equip students with the skills to be successful, confident and creative individuals. Ultimately, our goal is to prepare our students for a rapidly changing world by fostering collaboration, critical thinking and flexibility.
At Guyra Central School we encourage all students to demonstrate their learning by embracing their preferred learning modes with a focus on providing opportunities for all students to demonstrate what they CAN do. In 2021 we have broadened our assessment opportunities for students by providing Big Picture Education as an optionional pathway for Stage 4 and Stage 5. The school is well resourced with technology and state of the art learning facilities including a Trade Skills Centre for Metals and Engineering and Science Centre.
The school benefits from the additional position of an Instructional Leader, under the Early Action for Success (EAfS) Program.
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria,
- Approval and demonstrated experience teaching English 7-12. Demonstrated skills, capacity and willingness to teach and supervise the delivery of HSIE subjects across all stages.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to provide strong educational leadership, deliver quality professional learning and provide personalised support for teachers based on expert knowledge of curriculum and assessment, with a view to create a cohesive faculty culture that promotes student engagement and high expectations for a diverse range of students.
- Demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively with the K-12 Executive team to lead and support initiatives that address the development and implementation of strategic priorities for whole school improvement.
- Clearly demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, showing evidence of highly effective administration and management processes that inspire and support innovation, current pedagogy and evidence- informed practice within a K-12 educational setting.
- Demonstrated ability to foster positive relationships with students, teachers and the broader school community to embed authentic and relevant teaching and learning experiences that promote a culture of high achievement and equity within a rural setting.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.