Location Illawarra & South Coast
Advertisement Number A900100856
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $137,486.00. This position attracts a base salary of $124,038.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Shoalhaven High School
Principal Network Educational Leadership Team 1
Staffing Area Shellharbour
FTE 1.000Contact Name Michael Dolby
Contact Phone number 44218022
Closing Date 29-Sep-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Shoalhaven High School is a comprehensive public high school located in Nowra on the south coast of New South Wales. The school has 649 students supported by 97 teaching and non-teaching staff. Key initiatives include a strong focus on literacy and teaching and learning strategies based on trauma-informed practice for academic engagement and wellbeing.
The school offers extension and enrichment, transition and literacy support classes to promote the academic advancement of students, while strong wellbeing, sports, arts and student representative programs contribute to the holistic educational experiences of students at Shoalhaven High School.
The school has a Support Unit of 9 classes catering for students with a variety of diagnoses, including IM, IO, ED and AU. With 26% of students identifying as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Shoalhaven High School has 2 AEO's who are an integral part in supporting our students. Programs such as Girls Mentoring and the Clontarf Academy are also accessible to students as additional support. A substantial proportion of students are from low socio-economic backgrounds (FOEI 149).
Shoalhaven High School is a Connected Communities School, for further information please visit the following link https://education.nsw.gov.au/public-schools/connected-communities/connected-communities-strategy
For further information regarding the school please see the school website https://shoalhaven-h.schools.nsw.gov.au/.
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria,
- Demonstrated ability in teaching English subjects 7-12, with the capacity to lead teachers in developing and implementing high quality teaching and learning programs to cater for all learners with diverse learning needs.
- Demonstrated high level organisational and leadership skills with the demonstrated ability to support both new and beginning teachers and experienced teachers.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to work with the Senior Executive team to analyse data, lead, implement and support whole school priorities and strategic directions.
- Demonstrated skills to build and strengthen respectful relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island students, families and the community to enhance student outcomes.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.