About the Position:
Based at Woodstock House in Long Ditton, working within the education team as Headteacher and reporting to the Assistant Director of Education, you will be responsible for ensuring the health, safety and education of our young people, operating in accordance with internal policies, procedures and the regulatory requirements for independent schools.
You will also be responsible for providing leadership, management and development opportunities for the education team.
To be responsible for the daily running of the school, ensuring the school is a safe, stable and stimulating environment for teaching and learning.
Facilitate the expansion and development of the school at Woodstock House assisting in the planning and contributing purposefully to future strategic decisions.
To advise directors/ assistant directors of the current and relevant resources required to ensure the smooth running of the school. Ensuring these are managed and targeted towards gaining the best outcomes for students placed at the school.
To help maintain a broad and balanced curriculum that enables pupils to develop their skills and achieve their highest potential, and reflect this through a range of outcomes, including accreditation for learners.
To ensure that planning and assessment processes are implemented effectively in order to ensure learner attainment and progression are clearly identified and tracked over time.
To ensure that the purpose and scope of the school is promoted to key providers and commissioning bodies to help support a consistent and effective school population and enable long term school improvement planning and processes.
To represent the lead for education at Woodstock House by persistently and consistently promoting and demonstrating practice that strives to evolve an Ofsted Outstanding provision over time.
Essential knowledge, Experience Skills & Qualifications
- Degree or equivalent Education / Teaching qualification
- SEN qualification / Training
- Knowledge of curriculum appropriate for pupils with SLD and/or ASD
- Knowledge of National Curriculum and assessment for pupils with SEND
- Experience with statutory requirements of legislation concerning SEN code of Practice, Safeguarding Children, Health & Safety
- Ability to work constructively and collaboratively as part of a Senior Management team across the site
- Ability to lead, support, motivate and inspire staff
- Ability to foster productive working relationships with all internal and external agencies, parents & carers
- Highly effective report writing skills and data analysis
- Experienced in managing a large staff team including performance management
- Experienced in managing a budget
About Kisimul Group
Kisimul Group Ltd are a group of independent specialist schools and adult provisions providing exceptional residential care and award-winning education to children, young people and adults with a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorder, severe and complex learning difficulties, global development delay and associated challenging behaviour.
Kisimul is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults, children and young people, and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Kisimul is committed to valuing diversity and promoting equality for all
All applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS Check. Kisimul Group Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
Kisimul School - Woodstock House
- Special needs with independent funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 8 - 19 years