Location Regional NSW
Advertisement Number A900097927
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $137,486.00. This position attracts a base salary of $124,038.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Lightning Ridge Central School
Principal Network Western Plains
Staffing Area Bourke
FTE 1.000Contact Name Margaret Morriss
Contact Phone number 68290511
Closing Date 24-Feb-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
The position will be located at Lightning Ridge Central School. Lightning Ridge Central School has a multicultural enrolment of approximately 310 students, of which 150 students are in Years 7-12, including 50% Aboriginal students. The school has a vibrant, energetic and caring learning environment and excellent, well maintained facilities. There is a strong and supportive staff, including a school executive who works across the whole school K-12. The school is focused on the needs of students and has established supportive community links.
Current school priorities include literacy, numeracy, explicit instruction, STEM and engagement. All staff develop and provide an appropriate, quality, differentiated curriculum.
Lightning Ridge Central School is an 8 point school and as such attracts additional incentives, including a 90% rental subsidy. Benefits can be viewed on the teach.NSW benefits calculator.
Find out more information on the school website, at http://www.lightningr-c.schools.nsw.edu.au/
Specific Selection Criteria
In addition to the general selection criteria, Approval to teach Mathematics 7-12
- Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position in Mathematics 7-12 and a willingness to manage other KLA'S.
- Demonstrated capacity to engage the Aboriginal community and the needs of rural and remote students.
- Demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively with a dynamic K-12 executive team on whole school strategic initiatives.
- Demostrated capacity for innovative faculty leadership and building capacity in staff
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.