The Edron Academy is looking for an experienced and inspirational Head Teacher to lead the School from August 2019, or earlier.
About the School
Founded in 1963, The Edron Academy is the leading, well established, not for profit, international IB School in Mexico City. The School is proud to be bilingual and bicultural with over 1,000 students from age 2-18, mainly Mexican, the rest representing over 14 other nationalities. It is highly successful in providing an excellent international and stimulating bilingual education.
Students follow the English National Curriculum (including EYFS), IGCSE courses from Cambridge University, the International Baccalaureate Diploma and the Mexican National Curriculum.
The School aims to develop internationally minded citizens who succeed in achieving high academic and personal standards. The Edron Academy is the only COBIS accredited school in Mexico and 1 of only 4 in Latin America.
Main Responsibilities of the Head Teacher:
- Be responsible for the internal organization, management and control of the School along with the Head of Administration & Chief Finance Officer.
- Leading the selection and appointment of the teaching staff of the School.
- Ensuring that all aspects of school performance are monitored and evaluated in a robust, cyclical manner and maintaining a record of self-evaluation and areas for improvement, and of progress made in respect of these.
- Evaluating the standards of teaching and learning in the School, and ensuring that proper standards of professional performance are established and maintained.
- Supervising and participating in arrangements for the appraisal of the performance of teachers in the School
- Ensuring that the health and wellbeing of children is encouraged through a nurturing environment.
- Creating and maintaining an effective partnership with parents to support and improve pupils’ achievement and personal development.
The full job description can be found via the link provided below.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience leading an IB Diploma School
- International leadership experience and a commitment to international and bilingual education - desirable
- A degree and teaching qualification from the UK
- Excellent communication skills
- A learning centered approach to leadership
- Resilience and organisational awareness
The Salary Package
The School offers a highly favourable and fully comprehensive salary package by Mexican standards which includes an accommodation allowance.
To apply please complete the short application form which can be accessed via the link below. Here you will be able to download the information booklet, which includes the job description and details of the salary and benefit package:
Interviews will be held at the School towards the end of August 2018.
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Amy Bardsley, Senior Recruitment Consultant at TIC Recruitment who is handling all applications on behalf of the School at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 10th August 2018.
The Edron Academy is committed to safeguarding children and will ensure that recruitment procedures adhere to safer recruitment guidance. Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced UK Disclosure and Barring Service check and/or equivalent overseas police check where relevant.