HEAD TEACHER St. Martin de Porres Catholic Primary School, Oakland Road, Moseley,
Due to the retirement of our current Head Teacher, the governing body of St Martin de Porres School are seeking to appoint a practising Catholic to the post of Head Teacher. St Martin De Porres is a successful and popular one-form entry primary school set in the vibrant suburban area of Moseley. The school currently has 202 pupils on roll, who reflect the diverse multi-cultural area in which the School is situated.
We are seeking a Head Teacher who:
· is a practising Catholic with a clear understanding of Catholic education and the vision and ability to develop further the Catholic life of the school
· puts children at the heart of all they do
· has high expectations of achievement for all members of the community and the motivation, organisational & inter-personal skills to inspire this in others
· can build on the strengths of our school and continue to develop our talented team of staff
· is resilient and is able to lead positively to ensure improvement and success for the whole team
· is committed to collaborative working across the parish and school community
· has a proven track record as a school leader
In return we are offering an exciting opportunity to lead and work:
· in a caring and positive environment, inspired by our strong Catholic ethos
· with happy pupils who have a thirst for learning and are a delight to teach
· with governors who are committed to the school and will support your continuing professional development
· with a welcoming, friendly, hard-working and talented team of staff which is dedicated to making a difference to the children in their care
Further information about our school is available via our school website.
Visits to the school are welcome and encouraged by arrangement with the Head Teacher, Mrs J Tomlinson.
How to apply:
An application pack is available on request from our website or school office. The completed application form should be returned to: Mrs Jayne Pearson, via email at: email@example.com by 12 noon 26 February 2018.
Or post to: Mrs J. Pearson at the above address
Shortlisting notification will take place on Thursday 1st March; Interviews will take place on Wednesday 7th March.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references. The successful candidate will be expected to sign the CES contract.