Location Sydney Region
Advertisement Number A900097888
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $137,486.00. This position attracts a base salary of $124,038.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Carlingford High School
Principal Network Carlingford
Staffing Area Hornsby
FTE 1.000Contact Name Debbie Bergan
Contact Phone number 9871 4222
Closing Date 24-Feb-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Carlingford High School, (enrolment 1410 students, including 79% from a non-English speaking background) is a comprehensive, co-educational school, with a strong commitment to and expectation of excellence. The delivery of quality literacy programs, the promotion of student well-being, and the ongoing development of high quality teaching and learning programs are key strategic directions. Staff are experienced and supported by an informed and committed parent body. In a diverse curriculum, there is a strong emphasis on quality teaching, the use of evidenced based approaches to maximise student outcomes and the maintenance of high expectations across all areas of school life.
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria, approval to teach Personal Development, Health and Physical Education. Capacity to set high expectations, plan, coordinate and successfully lead a highly effective PDHPE faculty. Capacity to develop quality teaching and learning programs 7-12 and maximise student learning outcomes. Willingness and capacity to supervise and support the coordination of all school sport and promote positive participation and engagement in all areas of PDHPE and sport across the school. Commitment to supporting whole school strategic directions and working as a collaborative member of the executive team.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.