Location Sydney Region
Advertisement Number A900096934
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $134,421.00. This position attracts a base salary of $121,273.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Chifley College Mount Druitt Campus
Principal Network Mount Druitt
Staffing Area Mount Druitt
FTE 1.000Contact Name Robert Pecovnik
Contact Phone number 0296259750
Closing Date 09-Dec-2020
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Chifley College is a multi-campus college established in 2000 to enhance the educational opportunities for students in the Mountt Druitt area. The college is comprised of five campuses: Bidwill Campus (Years 7-12), Dunheved Campus (Years 7-10), Mount Druitt Campus (Years 7-10), Senior Campus (Years 11-12) and Shalvey Campus (Years 7-10). Mount Druitt Campus has an enrolment of 520 students, including 15% Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students as well as 52% Pacific Islander students. . The campus is committed to academic improvement, personalised learning and welfare programs. Additional information is available on the school website. The successful applicants will be appointed to Chifley College and initially based at Mount Druitt Campus.
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria,
Demonstrated ability to lead a dynamic faculty who are responsible for implementing the PDHPE curriculum, dance and sport (including whole school events and extra-curricular sport).
Demonstrated capacity to lead, support and mentor staff through classroom supervision, reporting and all mandatory requirements of NESA.
A strong record of contributing to whole school programs that demonstrate a capacity to work as a dynamic leader of the school executive.
High level of leadership and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to manage assets and resource a PDHPE faculty.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.