Location Regional NSW
Advertisement Number A900097998
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $137,486.00. This position attracts a base salary of $124,038.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Wagga Wagga High School
Principal Network Wagga Wagga
Staffing Area Wagga Wagga
FTE 1.000Contact Name Christopher Davies
Contact Phone number 02 69253611
Closing Date 03-Mar-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Wagga Wagga High School (WWHS) was established in 1912 and moved to its present site, initiating the name “the High School on the hill”, in 1917. The school is a large co–educational, inclusive, comprehensive high school situated in a large regional centre. The enrolment for 2021 is 985 students including an Indigenous population of 88 and an ESL population of over 100 students, many of whom were once refugees from Africa, Burma and the Middle East. The school has a broad range of programs which include: an academic selective class in each of Years 7 to 10, a Year 10 engagement and vocation class, a highly effective learning support team, an excellent performing arts program, a broad vocational education program, an extensive careers program and inclusive support classes for students with disabilities. The school is a Positive Behaviour for Learning school with the core values of Respect, Responsibility and Challenge and there are proactive student welfare programs to enhance student wellbeing.
The school has excellent facilities with a Trade Training Centre for vocational education, a commercial kitchen which includes a student run café, a ten hectare farm for rural education, assembly hall, sporting facilities including a gymnasium and well landscaped school grounds. The school has a committed and dynamic teaching, administrative and executive staff with a range of experience and an active and involved Parents & Citizens Association. Close links have been established with partner primary schools, Charles Sturt University, the Riverina Institute of TAFE and the wider community.
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria,
- Approval to teach, and demonstrated exemplary teaching practice in, Stage 6 Personal Development, Health and Physical Education.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, collaboration and leadership skills to build both individuals and teams, and to maintain a culture of high expectations in the Personal Development, Health and Physical Education faculty.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead the development of innovative programs and assessment tasks to support the needs of a range of learners, including students from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated capacity to be a dynamic member of the executive leadership team and to lead initiatives that address whole school strategic directions and nurture positive and productive relationships across the school community.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.