Required 1st April 2019 or as soon as possible
Salary Range: £68,559 - £78,905 (L21 - 27)
Do you have the drive to develop us both academically and pastorally?
Our children would like a Head Teacher who is “lovely, kind and helpful” but also “strict and fair” and who will ”help our community grow”. If you are also energetic with the drive and ambition to develop us both academically and pastorally, we would love to hear from you.
St Edward’s is a large multicultural Church of England Voluntary Aided school situated just a ten minute walk from the town centre of Romford with its excellent transport links. We are proud of our 300 year history but are also keen to move forward so that we can equip all of our pupils for the challenging and fast changing world in which we live.
Although we are a large school, governors, staff, pupils and parents all work closely together which creates a friendly, family atmosphere. The children enjoy a wide variety of extra-curriculum activities and sports are a particular strength of the school.
The school is experiencing a period of transition where leadership has changed and we are working to develop and maintain our strengths whilst looking forward to the next phase of our development.
This role comes with plenty of scope to make an impact. We are looking for a strong leader who:
- is a practising Christian who will support and promote the Christian ethos which is embedded in our school;
- is energetic and has the drive and ambition to develop us both academically and pastorally;
- is visionary and enabling;
- will recognise and develop the potential within our school;
- will provide strong leadership and further develop the leadership team;
- has high expectations of pupils and staff;
- is not afraid of change;
- is able to engage with children and parents;
- inspires respect from all stakeholders;
- will establish a consistency of approach across all areas of school life;
- will put steps in place which will help us in our ambition to become an outstanding school.
We can offer:
- vibrant, well-behaved children who care for each other and want to achieve;
- a diverse community which is celebrated and valued;
- a school which is embedded in the local community;
- a deep sense of family, with many parents and grandparents being former pupils of the school;
- staff who care about the children and work together as a committed, supportive team;
- supportive, well-informed, visible and committed governors, who have a love for the school;
- a school with over 300 years’ history of giving children a firm and spiritual foundation in life.
Candidates are encouraged to visit the school to have a tour of the school, meet our Chair of Governors, and enjoy a cup of tea and a piece of cake!
Visit dates and times
Tuesday, 6th November
- 10.00 a.m. – 11.30 a.m.
- 1.30 p.m. – 3.00 p.m.
- 4.30 p.m. – 5.30 p.m.
Tuesday, 13th November
Please contact the Head Teacher’s PA, Mrs Jane Lomas, (telephone: 01708 745971; email: email@example.com), if you would like to visit us.
To discuss the role further please contact Emma Formby on 020 3194 3147 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about our school can also be found on our website www.stedwardsva.net and in our recruitment pack for prospective candidates.
Please complete the online application form and refer to the Job Profile and Person Specification when completing your supporting statement.
Closing date for applications:
- Friday, 16th November 2018
Visit dates (see above):
- Tuesday, 6th November 2018
- Tuesday, 13th November 2018
- Tuesday, 20th November 2018
- Tuesday, 4th December 2018
St Edward’s C. of E. Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Everybody who works for the school is expected to share and promote this commitment and to have, or acquire, the relevant skills, abilities and knowledge to carry it out. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
Thank you for your interest in our school – we hope to hear from you soon.