Location Regional NSW
Advertisement Number A900099113
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $137,486.00. This position attracts a base salary of $124,038.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Canobolas Rural Technology High School
Principal Network Orange
Staffing Area Orange
FTE 1.000Contact Name Chantelle Phair
Contact Phone number 026362 1677
Closing Date 26-May-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Canobolas Rural Technology High School is a comprehensive high school located in Orange with an enrolment of 654 students, including 45% Aboriginal students. The Family Occupation and Employment Index (FOEI) is 150. The school has recently undertaken a school development review with specific focus on school-based initiatives, community engagement, quality teaching and school-wide processes and practices. The findings, conclusions, recommendations and strategies developed from that process have driven the new Strategic Improvement Plan and provided a clear roadmap of priorities for the school in the coming years.
The school provides core academic subjects in all stages of learning along with a broad range of elective courses which are proven to engage students positively in their learning. A strong student wellbeing structure exists within the school and this is managed by a committed Learning and Support Team. The school has nine support classes across multiple classifications with students working towards mainstream and life skills outcomes.
Staff are working to enhance links with the Western Institute of TAFE and Charles Sturt University and is supported by industry in the delivery of a range of accredited vocational education and training programs. The school has an emerging transition program with its local primary schools and is keen to progress improved ways of forming productive partnerships with parents and the wider community. Further information regarding Canobolas Rural Technology High School is available on the school website: https://canobolas-h.schools.nsw.gov.au/
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria, approval to teach Science, including either Physics or Chemistry.
- Demonstrated capacity for strong faculty leadership with a focus on high impact professional learning, to inspire and build the capacity of teachers with a diverse range of skills and experiences
- Demonstrated capacity to be a dynamic member of the school’s executive leadership team and capacity to lead data informed initiatives that address whole school strategic directions.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a proven ability to foster collaborative, genuine relationships with students, staff, parents/caregivers, and the wider community in the pursuit of educational excellence and student wellbeing.
- Capacity to implement and maintain initiatives to assist colleagues with opportunities for students to develop understanding of and respect for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories, cultures and languages.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.