Location Sydney Region
Advertisement Number A900098300
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $137,486.00. This position attracts a base salary of $124,038.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Macarthur Girls High School
Principal Network Parramatta
Staffing Area Parramatta
FTE 1.000Contact Name Luke Fulwood
Contact Phone number 96831866
Closing Date 03-Mar-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Macarthur Girls High School (MGHS) is located in Parramatta, the demographic centre of Sydney on the banks of the Parramatta River. The school’s reputation has created a demand for enrolment. Enrolment for 2021 is approximately 1200. Over 90% of our students are from language backgrounds other than English. Student enrolments reflect the school’s very positive reputation in the broader community. New students are currently drawn from more than 50 primary schools. The largest groups of students representing non-English speaking background families include: Arabic, Tamil, Dari, Hindi, Cantonese and Gujarati speakers. The school’s NSW FOEI (family occupation and employment index) for 2020 was 65 which is lower than the average of 100 and the ICSEA (Australian Index of Community Socio-Educational Advantage) was 1040 which is slightly higher than the average of 1000. Macarthur Girls High School’s purpose is to encourage young adults to achieve their personal best and beyond, empowering them with the necessary skills to be successful citizens in an ever changing world.
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria,
1. Demonstrated inspiring leadership to guide teacher practice in Science and STEM aligned to APSTs, SEF, WWB, QTM and the school's vision.
2. Capacity to lead and support a diverse range of teachers to implement innovative and evidence based teaching practices to improve achievement and engagement.
3. Demonstrated capacity to develop and work collaboratively as a member of the executive team to build a culture of high expectations for staff performance and student achievement.
4. Demonstrated capacity to lead staff in the development and delivery of differentiated faculty programs that cater to the needs of students across the full range of abilities.
5.Demonstrated capacity to strategically lead planning and improvement processes to support attainment of system negotiated targets within faculty and across the school.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.