Location Sydney Region
Advertisement Number A900097774
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $137,486.00. This position attracts a base salary of $124,038.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Burwood Girls High School
Principal Network Strathfield
Staffing Area Port Jackson
FTE 1.000Contact Name Katherine Lye
Contact Phone number 97473355
Closing Date 03-Mar-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Burwood GHS is diverse in terms of ethnicity, culture and socio-economic mix. It is a large comprehensive school with an enrolment of 1150 (70% from a language background other than English). The school community has high expectations for all students and the school consistently achieves high results academically as well as in sports, creative and performing arts. Burwood GHS aims to develop independent women by providing extensive curriculum choice as well as co-curricular activities to extend opportunities for all. The school executive work collegially towards high expectations for student learning, wellbeing and achievement ensuring the continuation of a positive school culture.
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria,
1. Highly visible leadership to enhance student learning with an emphasis on school improvement.
2. Capacity to initiate, manage resources and lead innovation for a diverse range of learners.
3. Ability to effectively use data to identify areas for targeted support to improve teaching and learning programs and support staff, students and parents.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.