Location Sydney Region
Advertisement Number A900100000
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $137,486.00. This position attracts a base salary of $124,038.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Chester Hill High School
Principal Network Auburn
Staffing Area Fairfield
FTE 1.000Contact Name Maria O'Harae
Contact Phone number 02 9644 1099
Closing Date 29-Sep-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Chester Hill High School is a comprehensive, co-educational secondary school situated in South Western Sydney and is part of the Auburn Schools Educational Network. The school encompasses an Intensive English Centre. Chester Hill High School has a current student enrolment of 1215. The school is culturally diverse with 92% of students possessing a language background other than English. Chester Hill High School has 145 refugee or refugee-like students and 14 students with an Aboriginal background. The FOEI of the school is 165.
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria,
A visible leader with demonstrated capacity to strategically lead planning and improvement processes to support the attainment of system negotiated targets across the school.
Demonstrated ability to initiate, implement and evaluate high impact, evidence-based teaching initiatives aligned to the School Improvement Plan achieving growth and attainment.
Demonstrated ability to analyse data, internal and external, to inform innovative and creative whole school programs to engage a diverse range of students in their learning.
Demonstrated commitment to fostering positive, productive relationships with the whole school community, consistently promoting the school's vision, purpose and values.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.