Required: September 2021 or January 2022
Salary: Salary range to be negotiated
Location: Southend on Sea, Essex
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: Permanent
The Governors of this successful and consistently oversubscribed 11-18 school are seeking to appoint a highly motivated leader with vision and ambition to take the school forward into the next stage of its future.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is a practicing and committed Catholic with a clear vision for Catholic Education.
• Will build on the School’s achievements in terms of vision, strategic planning and outcomes.
• Will put young people at the heart of the learning process.
• Is committed to continuous school improvement and raising standards even further.
• Has previous experience of successful school leadership.
• Will lead and motivate the local and school community.
• Will manage a multi-million pound Academy budget.
• Will further expand our Sixth Form provision.
• A “safe and happy School” with very high standards; where young people thrive and enjoy their educational experiences both inside and beyond the classroom.
• A school which plays an active part within the local community.
• A talented staff who are highly committed to developing the unique potential of each and every young person.
• Young people with excellent attitudes to learning.
• Supportive families and Alumni.
• An exceptional and supportive school community.
Student quotes from Y7 students:
“St Bernard’s has been a very good support to me; the teachers have been extremely helpful and kind towards me.”
"School is for learning - not just educational, but human behaviour too. Treat people with respect and kindness”
“Life at St Bernard’s is a whole different world. It opens many doors that you thought were locked. Helps you do things you never thought you could do.”
Student quotes from Y12/13 students:
“St Bernard’s has provided me with many opportunities which I will always be grateful for. The ethos of the school brings about a welcoming and comforting environment with both students and teachers playing their own roles. St Bernard’s is definitely a community I’m proud to be a part of.”
“St Bernard's is a unique school which offers subjects that have definitely shaped my education and made me who I am. It has led me onto a path that no other school would be able to offer. The support from my teachers combined with the school's encouraging atmosphere gives me motivation to work hard and strive for the best every day in everything I do.”
Please visit our website for further information: www.stbernardswestcliff.org.uk.
Closing Date for applications: Monday 19 April 2021, 9.00am
Interviews: Monday 26 and Tuesday 27 April 2021
The School is committed to safer recruitment practices and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. St Bernard’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to Disclosure and Barring Service disclosure.
St Bernard's High School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Girls school with students of age 11 - 18 years
St Bernard’s High School, a popular, highly successful Catholic bi-lateral girls’ school with a thriving mixed 6th form. In addition we have been designated by the DfES a specialist college for the Arts. We have a proud history in providi...