Location Regional NSW
Advertisement Number A900097776
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $137,486.00. This position attracts a base salary of $124,038.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Forbes High School
Principal Network Cowra
Staffing Area Orange
FTE 1.000Contact Name Kathleen Maksymczuk
Contact Phone number 6852 2666
Closing Date 03-Mar-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Forbes High School is a rural 7-12 coeducational comprehensive high school that caters for a diverse demographic of 330 students which is situated on the banks of the Lachlan River. 30% of our students identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and we have a Support Unit consisting of 4 classes.
We promote Positive Behaviour for Learning and have core values of Respect, Responsibility, Doing Our Best and Honesty which are reflected across all aspects of school life. We have a Wellness Hub on site that underpins and supports positive student wellbeing. We actively identify as a White Ribbon school and have both staff and students act as ambassadors.
We adopt a holistic approach to student academic achievement. Students have the opportunity to succeed in all areas of school life, academically, sporting, cultural, creative and performing arts. We maintain a broad and rigorous academic curriculum and offer an extensive range of vocational courses. Our students are taught by dynamic, motivated and committed staff in a technology rich environment.
Strong community partnerships have been formed and these provide invaluable support to the school across many contexts including student wellbeing programs, vocational opportunities and shared resources.
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria,
- Approval to teach special education (secondary).
- Evidence of high quality classroom practice with the ability to inspire and mentor a team of teachers and SLSOs to engage a range of students from different cultures and socioeconomic groups in rich, differentiated teaching and learning programs, with the aim to nurture, guide, inspire and challenge students to achieve their potential.
- Outstanding leadership, communication and interpersonal skills to lead a collaborative team, building positive, inclusive, trusting relationships with students, parents, staff, external agencies and the wider community.
- Demonstrated capacity to be a collaborative member of the school’s executive team leading a cycle of continuous improvement including supporting the development of process to support complex student needs.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Disability Standards.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.