Location Regional NSW
Advertisement Number A900092052
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $134,421.00. This position attracts a base salary of $121,273.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Walgett Community College - High School
Principal Network Educational Leadership Team 1
Staffing Area Bourke
FTE 1.000Contact Name Ross Bowey
Contact Phone number 02 6828 1022
Closing Date 24-Feb-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Walgett Community College-High School is located approximately 280km north of Dubbo. Walgett has a population of approximately 2300 and is situated in a remote, rural context. Student enrolment Year 7- 12 is 138 students, including approximately 97% Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students.
The school is part of the Connected Communities strategy and is committed to providing a broad, high quality education for all students through a diverse, relevant curriculum with a focus on student and community engagement. The school is well resourced including two trade training centres. There is a strong focus on improving literacy and numeracy outcomes. Active partnerships are established between the school and the community.
The school website is https://walgett-h.schools.nsw.gov.au/
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position.
- Approval to teach Special Education (Secondary) and experience teaching students with complex needs with a demonstrated excellence in classroom teaching practice, providing quality differentiated programs with students with learning needs (such as mental health), physical disabilities, autism and challenging behaviours.
- Highly developed organisational and communication skills with a proven ability to work proactively and professionally with parents/carers, school learning and support officers, students, external agencies and the wider school community in a complex setting.
- Capacity to lead Support Unit and the administration and performance of staff to implement policies and practices that ensure an inclusive and positive learning environment for students across Walgett Community College.
- Capacity to lead consultation, planning, implementation and review of Individual Education Programs for students in Support Classes with a range of disabilities and learning needs, leading to quality educational and social outcomes.
- Demonstrated commitment to the enhancement of educational outcomes for Aboriginal students and students in rural and remote communities.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.
The Eligibility Requirements for Head Teacher Positions in NSW Government Schools are located at https://policies.education.nsw.gov.au/policy-library/policies/head-teacher-eligibility-requirements-policy
Please note that Walgett Community College has 2 classes based at the High school and 1 class based in the Public School.
Applicants are to include details of their WWCC clearance number as part of this application.
The department is progressively introducing a great range of new benefits and incentives for teachers and executives in rural and remote NSW public schools. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to complete a 10 week trial placement before appointment. Use the link to find out more about the benefits and incentives.
To ensure that your application complies with the guideline page limits your attachments must be in PDF format.
New merit selection application guidelines for classroom teachers, executives and principals have been introduced to provide greater clarity to applicants and selection panels. The guidelines were in effect on positions advertised from Wednesday 10th June 2020. The guidelines are located at: https://education.nsw.gov.au/about-us/careers-at-education/roles-and-locations/roles-at-education/teaching/addressing-selection-criteria.html