Location Sydney Region
Advertisement Number A900100887
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $137,486.00. This position attracts a base salary of $124,038.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Killara High School
Principal Network The Forest
Staffing Area Ryde
FTE 1.000Contact Name Robin Chand
Contact Phone number (02) 9498-3722
Closing Date 22-Sep-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
This is the Stage 5 Head Teacher role at Killara High School. This role currently focuses on the learning and engagement needs of students in Years 9 and 10, alongside whole school responsibilities including supporting student leadership structures, assessment, attendance, and wellbeing. The nature of this role may change to reflect the needs of the school. Killara High School also has a Stage 4 and Stage 6 Head Teacher.
Killara High School (enrolment 1634 students, including over 50% students from a non-English speaking background) is a leading coeducational comprehensive high school with an outstanding reputation for providing opportunities, where all students can excel in academic, sporting, cultural, leadership and community service endeavours. The school is large, diverse, ambitious and innovative.
There is a strong proactive focus on student learning and engagement to build critical and creative thinkers. The school's wellbeing program focuses on developing the whole student and includes camps, workshops and the home group program. The collaborative leadership team is highly engaged with students, parents and staff who form an articulate and confident community with high expectations.
The school has a strong focus on rigorous professional learning which targets the improvement of student learning outcomes. A Bring Your Own Device program operates, and the school is the NSW flagship for the introduction of Compass Education, an online school and student management system. The school values its strong links with its community. The Parents and Citizens Association has a close working relationship with the school. Parents are committed to ensuring that the school has high-quality facilities. The school operates within three partnerships: the Killara Schools Partnership, the City Country Alliance and the North Shore Five (NS5).
The School Plan, Annual School Report, Statement of Purpose and other relevant information can be found on the school's website http://www.killara-h.schools.nsw.edu.au. The Strategic Improvement Plan 2021-2024 can be found at this location on our website: https://killara-h.schools.nsw.gov.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/School-Plan-2021-2024.pdf
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria,
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage complex student wellbeing matters that support and empower students, staff and parents, and result in improved learning outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and evaluate high impact teaching and learning experiences, including assessment, to support a diversity of learners in achieving growth and attainment.
- Capacity to use data and work collaboratively as a member of the executive team to lead innovative programs that support the implementation of the Strategic Improvement Plan.
- High level interpersonal, communication and organisational skills that support teaching and learning.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.