Location Regional NSW
Advertisement Number A900090317
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $134,421.00. This position attracts a base salary of $121,273.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Walgett Community College - High School
Principal Network Educational Leadership Team 1
Staffing Area Bourke
FTE 1.000Contact Name Ross Bowey
Contact Phone number 02 6828 1022
Closing Date 24-Feb-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Walgett Community College-High School is located approximately 280km north of Dubbo. Walgett has a population of approximately 2300 and is situated in a remote, rural context. Student enrolment Year 7- 12 is 138 students, including approximately 97% Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students.
The school is part of the Connected Communities strategy and is committed to providing a broad, high quality education for all students through a diverse, relevant curriculum with a focus on student and community engagement. The school is well resourced including two trade training centres. There is a strong focus on improving literacy and numeracy outcomes. Active partnerships are established between the school and the community.
The school website is https://walgett-h.schools.nsw.gov.au/
Specific Selection Criteria
- Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position and approved to teach English 7-12
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to lead and inspire teachers to implement best practice pedagogies, assessment practices that promote engagement and improve student learning outcomes across all faculties in a complex setting.
- Demonstrated ability to be a dynamic member of the executive leadership team and to lead and implement initiatives that address whole school strategic directions.
- Demonstrated ability to lead evidence-based, whole school professional learning underpinned by the Australian Professional Teaching Standards and quality teaching principles to enhance the capacity of all staff.
- Demonstrated capacity to gather and analyse both internal and external data to inform, develop and deliver initiatives to improve the learning experiences and outcomes of all students including demonstrated commitment to the enhancement of educational outcomes for Aboriginal students and students in rural and remote communities.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.