Location Sydney Region
Advertisement Number A900098013
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $137,486.00. This position attracts a base salary of $124,038.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Normanhurst Boys High School
Principal Network Hornsby
Staffing Area Hornsby
FTE 1.000Contact Name Asli Harman
Contact Phone number 94891077
Closing Date 03-Mar-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Normanhurst Boys High school with an enrolment 740 students is an academically selective, high school with approximately 85% of students from a language background other than English. The school has an exceptional wellbeing program, with a commitment to excellence in boys' education to cater for the needs of high potential and gifted students. Focus is on maximising student learning outcomes within a holistic educational environment that incorporates a diverse range of extracurricular activities. The school also provides various opportunities to help students develop their leadership capacity. There is a particularly strong emphasis upon instilling awareness about importance of social justice and developing the values and attitudes that will enable them to make an outstanding contribution to the society. The school values its partnership with the community and also has an autism support unit.
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria,
1.Approval to teach Engineering Studies/Industrial Technology -Engineering, Information and Software Technology and Technology Mandatory (7-8). Willing to teach Food Technology and Software Design and Development.
2. Expert curriculum knowledge with the ability to lead and manage emerging technologies into high quality faculty programmes to make content current and relevant for improved student outcomes.
3. Evidence of highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with the capacity to develop a culture of high expectations.
4. Demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively as a member of the executive team as an instructional leader, to lead whole school strategic directions and initiatives.
5. Demonstrated understanding of strategies to cater for the needs of high potential and gifted students in years 7-12.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.